PDA

View Full Version : After so many years I switched to FSX... First impressions...

Nick1150
06-12-2011, 03:10 PM
After so many years in the FS9 world, I took a big dive to FSX... Invested a great deal of cash for an i7 server and after many, many hours of tweaking, settings and setups, I am finaly flying !!!!!

I forgot how painful was that process of getting your setup exactly where you want it to be. It was the same process back then for FS9 too....

I have of course still many unsolved issues in FSX. You see the problem is that FS9 has many modules, scripts, and in general many solutions for our too expensive hardware modules, so there is always a way to fix things in FS9. On the contrary FSX is not the prefered platform for the hardware and software home cockpits developers so there is a gap of knowledge out there.

Did you know that the stock B737-800 in FSX does not have taxi lights ? At least mine does not... I lost 3 hours to realize that, playing around with a switch, a leo bodnard card and FSUIPC....

Did you know that the Xponder of the CPflight module cannot set the mode to Charlie or Standby, like it used to do in FS9 ? Actually it seems that this is not a CPflight issue, just an issue of SB4.....

2 or 3 more issues like the above still are unsolved, but then again wasn't it like this after my first installation of FS9 years back ?

Uhhhhhh

Let me be honest here... I love FS9... BUT if only you could see those damn FSX visuals !!!!! ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.... I have all graphics to 80% and I cannot believe that those external visuals are not real !!!! No addon sceneries, no addon textures, no weather or cloud addons, nothing, just raw FSX, and the outcome is unbeleivable !!!!!

So for all of you out there who are thinking of upgrading to FSX, get ready for many issues to solve, but also expect visuals that you have never imagined with FS9.

Just my opinion,

BR

Nick

riche543
06-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the post nick, yep contemplating the upgrade myself. Hopefully the NGX from pmdg will fix alot of issues. I would also like to see an online client software that works 100% surely it's time for an update on some sort of online software. I have not yet really started my build yet as many other things have to come first, but Im going to build with the NGX & FSX. Best of luck with it nick keep us posted
Cheers
Riche

Nick1150
06-13-2011, 01:18 AM
In my opinion, it is not an aircraft issue... NGX has nothing to do with this.... Yesterday I purchased iFly737 just because I wanted to see the difference.... Nothing changed with it, still the same issues...

I will keep you guys posted...

yoss
06-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Well, Nick
Try this addon:
http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/products.html

And your visuals will Fs9 will be close to Fsx
By the way the fsx version is alsow great

regards
Joseph

Nick1150
06-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Well, Nick
Try this addon:
http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/products.html

And your visuals will Fs9 will be close to Fsx
By the way the fsx version is alsow great

regards
Joseph

Thanks Joseph,

Indeed when I was with FS9, REX environment was loaded in my server, and the outcome was great. Believe me even REX cannot even reach the visuals that FSX has, with the right PC of course.