PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster MFD multifunctional "USB Cockpit Panels

nosecone
06-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Hi all

I want to add my own control interface around the garmin gpsmap 295 screen so I can adjust buttons and knobs and add it to my helicopter instrument panel LCD screen I am building.

I was wondering if the thrustmaster MFD multifunctional "USB Cockpit Panels programmed via fsuipc would do the same thing.

I like the VRinsight GPS-5 but looking for a cheaper option

Cheers

Rhys

AK Mongo
06-02-2011, 02:49 AM
Why not just use your bodnar card? All of the controls can be run through one of those. Looks like all push buttons.

Do you have software that emulates the 295's function?

Reid

nosecone
06-02-2011, 04:01 AM
Hi Reid
Yep, I have thought of using my bodnar board. When I get the reg version of fsuipc for FX, I assume I will use that to emulate the 295's functions?

At the moment my instrument face plate is getting cut out and then the bezels will be inserted, hope to have a couple of pics as soon as the panel is done.

Not sure as to what buttons and knobs to use when I make my gps any ideas

Cheers

Rhys

davek
06-02-2011, 05:35 AM
Hi Rhys
I made my own face plate for the GPS. I cut out the plate and then the buttons. I mounted a plate behind with the pushbuttons and then backlights.
I used a Leo card to interface and ordered the duel RE. The GPS without the bitmap is displayed on the main instrument panel.

nosecone
06-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Thanks Dave
Love the panel, what buttons did you use and were do you get them from

Rhys

davek
06-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Hey Rhys,
I got the buttons from JayCar Electronics you can see them in that link http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=SP0656&keywords=push+button+switch&form=KEYWORD
They have a decent spring in them so they hold the plastic switch plates in place but still have enough movement to only work when you press the button.
The top range rotary encoder has a push button included so I assigned that to display the GPS panel window.
Cheers Dave