PDA

View Full Version : Where can i purchase a 16" monitor in Oz?

bindook
06-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Hi guys,
i need some help in locating a 16" monitor that will fit behind the FDS MIP for the eicas display , i have found 1 in the US but looks like a nightmare to order;

H94-1640 6 I-Inc IK161ABB 16in Wide 1366x768 LED Monitor
Dimensions With Stand: 15.3" x 12.2" x 6.5"

Any ideas???

Thanks

jskibo
06-01-2011, 09:07 AM
I use a Planar 15" monitor for my FDS EICAS. Fits perfect and was $40 on ebay.

But I'm doing a 737......unsure on the 'bus

jonesthesoftware
06-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi
Not wishing to be rude but are you sure you need a 16" monitor? Don't forget that's the diagonal measurment of the viewable screen area and not the dimensions mentioned in the adverts, also I assume you'll be removing the plastic case from around it which gives a completely different physical size.
Any computer shops near you where you go with a tape measure?
regards
geoff

bindook
06-02-2011, 06:24 AM
Hi
Not wishing to be rude but are you sure you need a 16" monitor? Don't forget that's the diagonal measurment of the viewable screen area and not the dimensions mentioned in the adverts, also I assume you'll be removing the plastic case from around it which gives a completely different physical size.
Any computer shops near you where you go with a tape measure?
regards
geoff

Geoff, i have actually gone around to shops with the cutout of the size i need not 1 monitor fitted & yes thats even with the casing around it taken off . Due to the gear lever on 1 side & the ND terrain button on the other this is why i need a 16", if need be i might have to remove the terrain button & put a dummy cap in there so i can get a screen that fits in there.

Michael

jskibo
06-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Just a thought, but why not ask Steve or Peter Cos where you can get one to fit and what models fit?

I've had dozens of questions on my FDS 737 gear and they have promptly replied to every one, sometimes within minutes on a weekend.