PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who want to use real plane clocks.

737NUT
05-21-2011, 09:31 AM
After some research and trials and curse words, i have figured out a cheap way to drive a real clock from Boeing aircraft! They need a pulse input to work in the real plane as this keeps them accurate and synchronized. The cool thing about this adapter i built is it works one of two ways. Depending on if you have the pin-out of the clock you have or not. If you don't, it gets more complicated and slightly more expensive. By using a cheap 555 timer chip, 2 resistors, and a capacitor, you can input the proper pulse in to the clock for it to keep time! In my case, i didn't have the pin-out sooo, i bought a stepper motor driver from pololu.com for 19.95. My little cheap pulse generator signals the stepper driver which in turn drives the clock stepper motor. Presto! Real Boeing clock fully functioning. Just thought i would share that info with my fellow builders as you all have helped me so much in the past, present, and future!

Happy Flying!
Rob

Matt Olieman
05-21-2011, 09:41 AM
You're quite innovative Rob. Nice of you sharing this. :)

Matt Olieman

RadarBob
05-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Nice work as usual Rob!

May well have a use for that at some point, so many thanks for sharing it.

Cheers,

Rob

AngleofAttack
07-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Dear Rob,
I found your post on how to build a pulse generator for a Haydon clock. Great info, however I have to confess I am so far behind in electronics knowledge that I need some help to get this done. Would you mind helping my with some extra information on this project?
thank you very much,
Jerome