PDA

View Full Version : FSUIPC Run options for FSX

Nick1150
05-20-2011, 03:50 PM
Hi to all,

I am expecting my new PC tommorow which will be dedicated for FSX, so I am preparing my mind for setting up the new machine.

One of the most useful tools in my previous setup (fs9) was the fsuipc run options, which actualy by pressing switch on button on my case could put me without even one click on the apron of my favorite airport.

I am looking for the same program for fsx but i realized that run options is only for fs9. Is that true ?

If yes, is there any alternative ?

Thanks

Nick

Nick1150
05-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Anyone ??

:)

iwik
05-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Hi Nick,
Run option works in fsx like fs9.
Les

Nick1150
05-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Hi Nick,
Run option works in fsx like fs9.
Les
Thanks for the reply,

Why it does not work with my fsx ?

!!!!

iwik
05-22-2011, 03:18 PM
hi,
Dont use the little utility for automatically generating the Run option as i think that only works in fs9.
Here is my entry for Run.

[Programs]

Run1=READY,C:\Program Files (x86)\Smart Sim Tech\Smart Sim Tech Control Panel\SSTCP.exe

Hope it helps.
Les

brianwilliamson
05-22-2011, 06:44 PM
It will work in FSX. Read the info I posted here:
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php/22383-Turning-programs-on-and-off-in-the-FSX-Computer.......FSUIPC?highlight=fsuipc
Hope this helps................Brian W.

Nick1150
05-23-2011, 02:55 AM
hi,
Dont use the little utility for automatically generating the Run option as i think that only works in fs9.
Here is my entry for Run.

[Programs]

Run1=READY,C:\Program Files (x86)\Smart Sim Tech\Smart Sim Tech Control Panel\SSTCP.exe

Hope it helps.
Les

Hi so you mean, that Run Options works only by data entry in the fsuipc.ini file and not via Run Options window ?

iwik
05-23-2011, 05:55 AM
Hi so you mean, that Run Options works only by data entry in the fsuipc.ini file and not via Run Options window ?

Nick,
I dont know what you are referring to with "Run Options window". Page 37 of the FSUIPC v4 explains how to run programs when Fsim starts. You have to edit the fSUIPC.ini file like the example i listed.
The utility that i used to use for fs9 that would generate this entry is listed on FSUIPC download site and was called FSUIPCRun Options.
However this didnt work for me in FSX. Its only shown as being a FS9 option.
Hope this helps, if you need anymore help just ask.
Les

Nick1150
05-23-2011, 06:53 AM
What I meant was, that "FSUIPCRun Options" didn't work for me too for FSX. After I opened the application and add the programs I wanted to open after FSX starts (and saved ofcourse) nothing happened....

So my question was whether FSUIPC4 can open programs after FSX starts only in a way of editing the FSUIPC.ini file or not.

I guest the question is yes, right ?

blueskydriver
05-23-2011, 08:03 AM
Just curious? Why not just use Windows Start folder? You put copy of the shortcut icon in the Start Folder, and then when you turn the computer on, the programs will start after the OS loads. You can also set the programs to run maximized or minimized by right clicking on the icon (prior to placing it in the Start folder) and look at the open dialog window for "Run" drop down box. Select the one you want...

We do this with all our computers for the Sim and that includes starting WideFS with any extra programs. You can then set all the computers to shutdown through WideFS, and if you have Project Magenta, you use the CDU function "shutdown all computers" to shut them all down. So, one button for each machine (the hardware power button on the pc) to startup and one button to shut them all down (PM CDU lsk).

You can also setup "start on lan" for each Nic Card on the computers, and then use a single program to startup all computers; thus, you wouldnt have to start the machines from their power buttons. Instead, it would make it a true one button on and one button off system...

BSD

iwik
05-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Hi Nick,
FsuipcRun Options DOES not work for FSX. You have to edit FSUIPC.ini file.
BSD gives over options,there are many for want you want to do.
Les

Nick1150
06-04-2011, 01:32 AM
Coming back to this issue... It was a very busy week for me with more or less 14 hours spent in the office daily, so I could not spent even one minute on my sim. Never the less I tried yesterday to fix few things, and now I am flying !!!! I must admit that FSX is WOW, it is a great upgrade from FS9. I can say that it was worth it yet, but I am happy for the time being.

Anyway I have few issues I have to take care and after hopefully I can be 100% operational. One of the issues I have concerns the above matter.

More specificaly, I have made 7 Runif lines to open and close 7 programs after FSUIPC starts. All prgrams work well, except the Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe application. For a very strange reason, FSUIPC open Revolution Sim Products.exe instead of Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe !!!! Both files are situated in the same directory. I even tried moving the Revolution Sim Products.exe file to another directory, and then FSUIPC did not open anything. So I am in a deadend right now. My mind cannot think of anything. Do you have any clue why would that happen ?

FYI when I use the shortcut from the start menu with the mouse, it opens the Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe as it should. The problem is that FSUIPC open Revolution Sim Products.exe instead of Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe !!!!

Any hint guys ?

Peter Dowson
06-04-2011, 07:30 AM
FYI when I use the shortcut from the start menu with the mouse, it opens the Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe as it should. The problem is that FSUIPC open Revolution Sim Products.exe instead of Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe !!!!
Try putting "..." around the complete name. It might simply be getting a shortened part of the name (it only passes the data to Windows to handle).

Alternatively, make a copy of "Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe" and rename it, say, "RSP4PM.exe" and use that more convenient name.

Pete

Nick1150
06-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Try putting "..." around the complete name. It might simply be getting a shortened part of the name (it only passes the data to Windows to handle). It is already in " " , so I did that.

Alternatively, make a copy of "Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe" and rename it, say, "RSP4PM.exe" and use that more convenient name.

PeteI will try this during the following hours :)

Thanks Pete,

Nick1150
06-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Nope...

It didn't work !!!!

Whatever I do FSUIPC still opens Revolution Sim Products.exe instead of Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe !!!!

By using the mouse and opening the Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe from the desktop it works, but not the other way.

Any idea ?

Crazy, isn'y it ?

Peter Dowson
06-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Whatever I do FSUIPC still opens Revolution Sim Products.exe instead of Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe !!!!
I think it logs the command line it sends. What does it show there?

By using the mouse and opening the Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe from the desktop it works, but not the other way.You have the EXE on the desktop, or are you referring to a shortcut? If it's a shortcut, look to see what it is actually loading and from where.

Any idea ?Not really, because I have no information. Version number of FSUIPC? Run line in INI? log?

It isn't a complicated facility. All it does is send the command to Windows. I'm guessing that the shortcut you are using has a command line parameter to specify PM mode, and that you are omitting th\at in the INI file line.

Pete

Bernie
06-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Hi,

This is how it is written in my FSUIPC4 Ini file and it works perfectly in FSX.

[Programs]
Run1=E:\pm\Prosim\ProsimDisplay\CAPT\ProsimDisplay.exe
Run2=E:\pm\Prosim\Prosim737\ProSim737.exe
Run3=E:\pm\Prosim\ProsimMCP\ProsimMCP.exe
Run4=E:\pm\Prosim\ProsimCDU\ProsimCDU.exe

pm being the folder I created in E Drive, Prosim a folder within pm, and so on.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

Nick1150
06-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Hi,

First of all thanks for the help, I really appreciate it :)

As far as the lines, it goes as follows:

[Programs]
RunIf1=READY,CLOSE,C:\PFD\pfd.exe
RunIf2=READY,CLOSE,C:\pmSounds\pmSounds.exe
RunIf3=READY,CLOSE,C:\MCP\MCP.exe
RunIf4=READY,KILL,C:\Users\Boeing737\Desktop\B737.exe
RunIf5=READY,CLOSE,"C:\Program Files (x86)\IOCards\SIOC\sioc.exe"
RunIf6=READY,KILL,"C:\Program Files (x86)\SquawkBox\squawkbox_fsx.exe"
RunIf7=READY,KILL,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Revolution Simproducts\Throttle quadrant manager\RSim throttle Project Magenta.exe"

Please note that all 6 first lines work ok, expect the last one, which runs as said above the file "RSim throttle.exe" instead of "RSim throttle Project Magenta.exe"

Thanks again,

Nick

Peter Dowson
06-05-2011, 02:26 PM
RunIf7=READY,KILL,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Revolution Simproducts\Throttle quadrant manager\RSim throttle Project Magenta.exe"

Please note that all 6 first lines work ok, expect the last one, which runs as said above the file "RSim throttle.exe" instead of "RSim throttle Project Magenta.exe"

Sounds like it's somehow getting truncated. The entire line is 126 characters, which is close to one of the possible limits (128 including 0 terminator) -- though it might be 256 (I don't know without wading into the code). What about the suggested short renaming?

[LATER] Checked FSUIPC4 code (you've not told me anything about versions yet), and it can take well over the max possible path handled by Windows. I added your line to my INI and this was logged:

122219 FSUIPC couldn't run: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Revolution Simproducts\Throttle quadrant manager\RSim throttle Project Magenta.exe" [Error=2]

The error is "file not found" which is understandable because I don't have it. What does your log show (to repeat the question)?

Please also see my last reply where I asked quite a few additional questions. I still have insufficient information.

Pete

Nick1150
06-06-2011, 12:04 AM
I think it logs the command line it sends. What does it show there? That means that I have to see the log file, right ? Please specify what exactly am I looking for, because I haven't ever used the log file. I will do this this afternoon.

You have the EXE on the desktop, or are you referring to a shortcut? If it's a shortcut, look to see what it is actually loading and from where.That's just the Cockpit Sonic driver for the MIP. I originaly placed it on the desktop, and yes it is an .exe file. Runs without any issues from there. Could that trouble anything ?

Not really, because I have no information. Version number of FSUIPC? Run line in INI? log? The latest FSUIPC4 version.

It isn't a complicated facility. All it does is send the command to Windows. I'm guessing that the shortcut you are using has a command line parameter to specify PM mode, and that you are omitting th\at in the INI file line. I will send this link to Eren from RSP, maybe he can help.

Thanks

Nick

Nick1150
06-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Sounds like it's somehow getting truncated. The entire line is 126 characters, which is close to one of the possible limits (128 including 0 terminator) -- though it might be 256 (I don't know without wading into the code). What about the suggested short renaming?
I have tried renaming, still the same. I am not an expert on this, but I could try uninstalling the RSM products and re-install in a smaller in characters directory instad of ,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Revolution Simproducts\Throttle quadrant manager\" to ,"C:\Program Files (x86)\RSP\Throttle quadrant manager\" , in order to minimize the characters of the address....

[LATER] Checked FSUIPC4 code (you've not told me anything about versions yet), and it can take well over the max possible path handled by Windows. I added your line to my INI and this was logged:

122219 FSUIPC couldn't run: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Revolution Simproducts\Throttle quadrant manager\RSim throttle Project Magenta.exe" [Error=2]

The error is "file not found" which is understandable because I don't have it. What does your log show (to repeat the question)?
I have no errors, but I will check this afternoon again.

Please also see my last reply where I asked quite a few additional questions. I still have insufficient information.

PeteSorry I didn't see your last post :) my reply is above,

Thanks

Nick

Peter Dowson
06-06-2011, 03:54 AM
but I could try uninstalling the RSM products and re-install in a smaller in characters directory instad of ,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Revolution Simproducts\Throttle quadrant manager\" to ,"C:\Program Files (x86)\RSP\Throttle quadrant manager\" , in order to minimize the characters of the address....
Why? I already reported that this isn't the problem, and even showed a portion of my log when I tried your "long" line. You seem to be skipping most of the contents of my replies. :-(

I have no errors, but I will check this afternoon again.
Why would you have an error? I had an error with your line because I don't have your file to load. But obviously your line IS loading a file. The point is that the log will show you the exact line being sent to Windows!

Sorry I didn't see your last post :) my reply is above
Where? :-(

I still don't know what version of FSUIPC and there's no log shown anywhere. The log is the first and obvious place to look as it tells you what FSUIPC is doing.

It is very difficulty to help when I have to eek out information one tiny bit at a time. And it takes weeks instead or hours. I think I'll abandon the attempt now. If you still want more help please visit my Support Forum.

Pete

Nick1150
06-06-2011, 04:16 AM
Post # 20

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php/22721-FSUIPC-Run-options-for-FSX?p=120242&viewfull=1#post120242

Nick1150
06-06-2011, 04:19 AM
Why? I already reported that this isn't the problem, and even showed a portion of my log when I tried your "long" line. You seem to be skipping most of the contents of my replies. :-(

Why would you have an error? I had an error with your line because I don't have your file to load. But obviously your line IS loading a file. The point is that the log will show you the exact line being sent to Windows!

I still don't know what version of FSUIPC and there's no log shown anywhere. The log is the first and obvious place to look as it tells you what FSUIPC is doing.

It is very difficulty to help when I have to eek out information one tiny bit at a time. And it takes weeks instead or hours. I think I'll abandon the attempt now. If you still want more help please visit my Support Forum.

PetePlease allow me to attach my FSUIPC4.ini as well as the log file this afternoon.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Nick1150
06-06-2011, 12:44 PM
The FSUIPC4 file I promised:

[General]
UpdatedByVersion=4703
History=ARJFBC5H3DOX1LSJ770LV
TCASid=Flight
TCASrange=40
AxisCalibration=No
DirectAxesToCalibs=No
ShowMultilineWindow=Yes
SuppressSingleline=No
SuppressMultilineFS=No
AxisIntercepts=No
DontResetAxes=No
GetNearestAirports=No
WeatherReadFactor=2
WeatherRewriteSeconds=1
CustomWeatherModify=No
SimConnectStallTime=1
LuaRerunDelay=66
Console=No
MouseWheelTrim=No
MouseWheelTrimSpeed=1
JoystickTimeout=20
PollGFTQ6=Yes
BlankDisplays=No
FixControlAccel=No
FixMachSpeedBug=No
VisibilityOptions=No
OneCloudLayer=No
CloudTurbulence=No
CloudIcing=No
GenerateCirrus=No
SuppressCloudTurbulence=No
MaxIce=-4
MinIce=-4
UpperWindGusts=No
SuppressWindTurbulence=No
SuppressWindVariance=No
WindTurbulence=No
TurbulenceRate=1.0,5.0
TurbulenceDivisor=20,20,40,40
SuppressAllGusts=No
MaxSurfaceWind=0
WindLimitLevel=200
WindDiscardLevel=400
WindAjustAltitude=No
WindAjustAltitudeBy=2000
SmoothBySimTime=No
WindSmoothing=No
WindSmoothness=2
WindSmoothAirborneOnly=Yes
PressureSmoothness=0
TemperatureSmoothness=0
DisconnTrimForAP=No
ZeroElevForAPAlt=No
ThrottleSyncAll=No
WhiteMessages=No
ShowPMcontrols=Yes
SpoilerIncrement=512
MagicBattery=No
RudderSpikeRemoval=No
ElevatorSpikeRemoval=No
AileronSpikeRemoval=No
ReversedElevatorTrim=No
ClockSync=No
ClockSyncMins=5
ClearWeatherDynamics=No
OwnWeatherChanges=No
TimeForSelect=4
LoadFlightMenu=No
LoadPlanMenu=No
PauseAfterCrash=No
BrakeReleaseThreshold=75
SaveDataWithFlights=No
ZapSound=firework
ShortAircraftNameOk=No
UseProfiles=No

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=CH ECLIPSE YOKE
0.GUID={DBFB22F0-844A-11E0-8002-444553540000}
2=BU0836X Interface
2.GUID={486A1E90-844C-11E0-8006-444553540000}

[WideServer]
WideFSenabled=Yes
AdvertiseService=1
Port=8002
Port2=9002

[Sounds]
Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\
Device1=Primary Sound Driver
Device2=Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Device3=Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Device4=Realtek Digital Output(Optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)

[Buttons]
ButtonRepeat=20,10
1=P2,0,C66059,0
2=U2,0,C66060,0
3=P2,1,C66240,0
4=U2,1,C66240,0
5=P2,2,C66376,0
6=U2,2,C66376,0
7=P2,3,C65560,0
8=U2,3,C65560,0
9=P2,7,C66072,0
10=U2,7,C66073,0
11=R0,2,C1001,0
13=R0,32,C65615,0
14=R0,36,C65607,0
15=R0,11,C65676,0
16=R0,12,C65678,0
17=P0,10,C66147,0
18=R0,13,C65680,0
19=U0,12,C66147,0
20=U0,11,C66147,0
21=U0,13,C66147,0
22=R0,1,C65588,0
23=P2,6,C66378,0
24=U2,6,C66378,0
25=P2,5,C66239,0
26=U2,5,C66239,0
27=P2,4,C66379,0
28=U2,4,C66379,0
31=U0,2,C1002,0
32=P0,0,C2040,0
36=P0,23,C66463,0
37=P0,25,C66464,0

[AutoSave]
AutoSaveEnabled=No

[GPSout]
GPSoutEnabled=No
Port=COM0
Speed=4800
Interval=2000
PosTo6Decimal=No
Sentences=

[GPSout2]
GPSoutEnabled=No
Port=<none set>
Speed=4800
Interval=2000
PosTo6Decimal=No
Sentences=

[ClientNames]
1=CPT
2=EICAS
3=FO

[Programs]

[JoystickCalibration]
AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes
ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes
ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes
ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes
SepRevsJetsOnly=No
ApplyHeloTrim=No
UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No
FlapsSetControl=0
FlapDetents=No
ReverserControl=66292
Reverser1Control=66422
Reverser2Control=66425
Reverser3Control=66428
Reverser4Control=66431
MaxThrottleForReverser=256
AileronTrimControl=66731
RudderTrimControl=66732
CowlFlaps1Control=66162
CowlFlaps2Control=66163
CowlFlaps3Control=66164
CowlFlaps4Control=66165
SteeringTillerControl=0
MaxSteerSpeed=60

[Monitor]

Nick1150
06-06-2011, 12:49 PM
That's an off topic reply, please forgive me guys:

BTW Pete take a look at this thread, I think it has to do with FSUIPC4

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php/22793-FSX-and-XPNDR737-issues...-need-help-guys-!!!?highlight=

Off topic mode off

Thanks
Nick

Peter Dowson
06-06-2011, 03:55 PM
The FSUIPC4 file I promised
The INI file tells me nothing. It's the log file which shows what it sent.

I'm not able to get here for a few days. Please try the Support Forum if you need more help. This could go on for weeks like this. :-(

Pete

Nick1150
06-06-2011, 11:51 PM
ok...........

Bernie
06-07-2011, 12:54 AM
Hi Nick,

I am curious as to why some lines are in quotes, could this make any difference?

[Programs]

Kind Regards

Bernie.

Nick1150
06-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Quotes are used when the address has spaces ;)