PDA

View Full Version : way over my head

okieylee
04-22-2011, 03:58 PM
ok I know that if i keep reading the post that there is a anser to my question
but i just dont know what any body is talking about.
first ive never try to do any thing with a pc be for. all I know is how to turn them off and to shut em down.
but i would like to know how to set up a cockpit with at lest 3 moniters for the windscreen and one for the flight gages . if some one could just help expain what i need or to tell me what links to read . many thanks for any help

eddydde
04-22-2011, 06:13 PM
You need to read, read and read. Forums like this and others. Use a search engine for basic questions about simulators and cockpit building.

npbosch
04-22-2011, 06:30 PM
http://www.mikesflightdeck.com/
http://www.fscockpit.com/
are good sites to start reading

eddydde
04-22-2011, 09:52 PM
ok I know that if i keep reading the post that there is a anser to my question
but i just dont know what any body is talking about.
first ive never try to do any thing with a pc be for. all I know is how to turn them off and to shut em down.
but i would like to know how to set up a cockpit with at lest 3 moniters for the windscreen and one for the flight gages . if some one could just help expain what i need or to tell me what links to read . many thanks for any help

You are trying to start too far along what is required. I strongly suggest you first purchase a copy of Flight Simulator FS9 or FSX, depending on what your computer specifications are, and a basic joy stick and have a fly of the simulator. Have you done this yet?

If not, this is going to be your very first step.

What you are wanting to achieve is quite complicated for a flight sim beginner so you are going to have to start right at the beginning and this first step is to do what I have suggested above.

okieylee
04-22-2011, 10:30 PM
I have fsx for some time now, am using a joystick at this time but no peddels. am looking into getting a yoke an peddles soon. also for a time i was a member of aces high.

npbosch thanks for the links they have have been a big help

nemo_7708
04-22-2011, 11:24 PM
hey Okieylee im nemo it nice to meet and assist u ..i was once in ur shoes and happy to give u a helping hand.. i kno reading gets boring from time to time but information is power!! lol anyway there are alot of ways to do wat u want first off u need a really fast pc if u want to really enjoy fs in the way that u want so i suggest investing in a gaming pc something with atlease 8gb of ram 1tb hard drive and a good video card u can also use a projector for outside views providing u have the space if not monitors will work jus as good .. matrox triplehead2go is wat u will need if ur just using one pc and can run ur outside view monitors and u can jus use a spitter cable for the instrument gauges .. hardward i suggest the saitek yoke and pedals.... a great web site u might wanna check out is simsamurai.net he builds and sell plans and homecockpit for the persons who wants an affordable way to do it he also has a advance flight simulation manual that u might wanna check out anyway im not going to say anymore but if u need more info inbox me or email me at nemo_7708@hotmail.com this is my cockpit in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGDUHZN7-Ds&feature=related

okieylee
04-23-2011, 12:02 AM
THANKS FOR THE INFO NEMO , give me a zip gun. tig and some stainless and am good to go, but reading cpu jargon ? well i will proubly need ur help agian. thanks again

nemo_7708
04-23-2011, 12:05 AM
yup, anytime!

Doon1
04-23-2011, 02:36 PM
The easiest way is to get an AMD/ATI Eyefinity card for the main three views and a AMD/ATI PCI (-e) card to run your panel screen(s). You can run everything full screen (not windowed).
John