PDA

View Full Version : CDU legs : Every waypoint has contrainst in bold (SPEED/ALT)

comma
04-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Hi all,

I re-fly since a few weeks and i noticed now on my CDU (last build) i ALWAYS have bold indication (means constraint) on each waypoint for Speed / Alt restrictions.

The route data always come from imported FP from FSX in the FP folder (Route > Load From FS). I use FScommander 9 to generate flight plan.

If I try to delete the constraint on a waypoint (CLR or DEL don't remember) it does delete, then its repopulate automaticaly whith calculated data from the CDU, in bold mode.

Anybody know about that ?

Comma

Potrohkocsonya
04-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Anybody know about that ?Comma

Hi, the only thing I can tell you is that it's not happening to me.

Potroh

comma
04-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Ok, thank you again for feeback.

I will try a few alternatives like programming a route directly in the CDU from scratch to see if it is related to the imported flight plan or not.

Comma

Thunder175
04-23-2011, 04:06 PM
You know, I thought I was crazy but glad to see I'm not the only one. Using a FlyEngravity CDU with the most current build of the CDU software, I'm getting the same thing. I could swear it wasn't like this until recently. Maybe PM changed something in the software and the Engravity CDU sees it as bold?

comma
04-26-2011, 10:53 AM
Yes Thunder175, I did not mention I also use Engravity CDU !
Maybe we should drop a line to PM support.

Thunder175
05-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Yes Thunder175, I did not mention I also use Engravity CDU !
Maybe we should drop a line to PM support.

Definitely worth an email to Enrico or Jonathan for comment. Its not really a bug, but more of an annoyance especially when ATC clears any altitude restrictions.

saabpilot
05-04-2011, 01:39 PM
FYI - I have no problems like the mentioned with PM last B737 build.
But I am never using FS to generate a flightplan either - always writes the route into the CDU "by hand" like IRL.
The stored FP:s does not show this anomaly either.

Bjorn

flightdeck
05-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Same here! Stored and new made flightplans either! PM CDU 487
I have sent a mail to PM support waiting for an answer!

flightdeck
05-06-2011, 03:07 PM
I reverted back to CDU 480 and the problem is gone ... so it must have something to do with the latest builds!

flightdeck
05-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Strange find: Applied latest build 487 - downloaded from the new homepage - again, and now it is gone, no bold constraints any more, except the ones, that should be bold! Gremlins again? ... :???:

eschiratti
05-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Please e-mail me if you still have the issue with the most current build on the website? I was unable to reproduce it, but that could depend on drivers, firmware and whatnot.

enrico@projectmagenta.com