PDA

View Full Version : What is different now?

Sismo
04-18-2011, 04:56 AM
Here this video presentation of Ethernet Technology Simcards.

I think it opens the range of possibilities for the simmers when using professional solutions with a “simmer price”, I mean, other option which must be well know to make us freer in our decision-making for as control cards.

But…

What is the real meaning of Ethernet into the Simulation?

What are the new things to offer?

What advantages and disadvantages?

I look forward to hear questions, suggestions, ideas, inconveniences … about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-P8eRNQoLU

Regards,
JuanMa.

737dragon
04-19-2011, 03:18 AM
wonderful, looks very good, congratulations for the contribution to the world of sim :eek:

hark40
04-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Hello,

How can I use the Simcard Ethernet via Wireless?

What does Wireless connection mean exactly when talking of a control card?

Regards,

Sismo
05-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Hi,

If the SWITCH has Wireless Access Point (WAP) -> all computers, Simcards Ethernet, etc. can be controlled via wireless if this elements also contains a wireless access point.

The Simcard Ethernet can be connected to the SWITCH via Ethernet cable (LAN) or Wireless (WLAN). For WLAN, you only need to connect a WAP to the Simcard Ethernet to enable the communications via Wireless in your network, so yes, it is possible the connection via wirelless of any Devices managed by the Simcard Ethernet.

I will attach a video where you can see more details.

Regards,

blueskydriver
05-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Looks like nice cards.

Sismo
05-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Hello,

I saw some questions made by you in this post at my e-mail address and here does not appear... ¿?

Anyway, I will answer some of this questions giving more info about ...

- Each Ethernet card can manage 64 inputs, 64 outputs, 5 pots and 32 displays. Made by SMD technology, so the size was significantly reduced, for that, it contains a lot of inputs/outputs...

- You can also add extension cards to the main one through a 10way flat cable by parallel (add servo, input, output, adc or displays cards)

- The Ethernet uses a Cat5 or Cat6 cable with RJ45 connector, and the distance can be variable, if using a single cable can be up to 100 meters distance. Remeber USB no more than 3 meters.

- The Ethernet is autonomous, you can connect to any computer without changing the cable, when it is connected to a SWITCH.

- The Ethernet can connect anywhere and as many as you want.

- The Ethernet card is really fast.... even via wireless

I rolled a bit with such feature, but I hope at least give you a general idea of what it means.

Looks like nice cards.

Leo Bodnar
05-06-2011, 11:59 AM
- The Ethernet uses a Cat5 or Cat6 cable with RJ45 connector, and the distance can be variable, if using a single cable can be up to 100 meters distance. Remeber USB no more than 3 meters.

5 metres according to standard specification.

Sismo
05-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Yes, it is 5 meters, but just I wanted to express what Ethernet communications means, as well as other features interesting for experience and knowledge for simmers.

For example, there is NO Overload in the system as many cards as you want to connect in the computer…

- Also you can access to the Ethernet card from anywhere in the network, even beyond through the Internet because these cards have access to the WAN or Internet.

- Today, you can get wireless access points quickly, and at least 10MB/s, so it also works without cables.

- And, of course it has no problem with Linux, Mac, Sun etc ... so it works on any operating system without using any driver.

- The transfer rate for USB 1.1 is as maximum 12 Mbps (aproximate data; anyway the important is the meaning) which is 12 megabits per second divided by 8 bits per byte, so it is 1.5MB/s. With Ethernet cards have 10MB/s to 100MB/s.
So there are a difference, with the Ethernet is very difficult to lose a pulse of an encoder even if it is moved very fast.

Best Regards,
JuanMa.

Sismo
05-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Take a look to this video guys,

Here there are some interesting info about connections, wiring, and cards…

http://www.youtube.com/user/SismoSoluciones#p/a/u/1/0ouRsOyB014

Regards,

jedeen
05-28-2016, 01:08 PM
Hello Maurice,
can you tell me what the maximum current for an output is.
I take it that there is no difference between the motherboard or a daughterboard.
Kind regards
Jedeen

Sismo
05-30-2016, 02:17 AM
Hello Maurice,
can you tell me what the maximum current for an output is.
I take it that there is no difference between the motherboard or a daughterboard.
Kind regards
Jedeen

Good morning,

The max current for each output is 35mA. The same limit for a daughter.

Regards,