PDA

View Full Version : Urgent/e-mail hack

Joe Cygan
04-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Apparently one of my e-mail accounts has been hacked. Please be careful opening any e-mail you get from "Joe Cygan" with the subject saying, "journey e". My guess, is everyone I know or whom I once knew will get this. I can only assume it is a virus. Normal e-mails from me is always addressed as "innovative Flight Simulator Products", and from innovativefsp.com, no exceptions.

Very sorry about this if you got an e-mail. You got to love the internet.

Joe

Boeing 747 Flyer
04-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Thanks for warning us Joe.

riche543
04-09-2011, 09:32 PM
seems theres a few email viruses going around , i had one that just kept sending emails to all my contacts , i cleaned my system up with malwarebytes, seem to do the trick.. Good practice to do this even if you dont think your pc is fine, you might be suprised
Cheers

my737sim
04-11-2011, 01:42 AM
I agree with riche543, a good virus scanner plus MalWareBytes is always what I recommend. Www.MalWareBytes.org and you can get the free version to scan.

Thanks Joe for letting us know. I'm sure those in your contacts will appreciate it.

With email, never open any zip attachments, exes without your proactive virus scanner checking them first of course. Even then you still aren't safe.

Which is why my day to day machine (email, web, etc) is a Mac. :)

Good luck!

Best,

Matt