PDA

View Full Version : Hello from great Switzerland!

fsedano
04-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Hello guys! Long time read-only member, I decided to finally say hello!

Although from Spain, I'm living in Switzerland, and building a full size 737-200ish on basement. My goal is to reuse all nice steam gauges from original 737s using xPlane.

I have some pics of my setup on my webpage, www.fransedano.net
Shell is from FDS, and bits & pieces are from ebay mostly. For interfacing all the gauges and controls to xPlane I've made a plugin on xPlane which exports/imports all data using IOCP, and I'm using my own electronics boards, using CANBus to connect them. I have quite a number of them currently working (HSI, Attitude indicator, altimeter, speed indicator..) and working on all the others.

While I love flying, I love even more building electronics circuits, so the cockpit is always in a non-ready to fly state ;)

Thanks to all the community here for the great source of information and support you're always giving - This is amazing!

Francisco

lenne
04-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Hello Francisco and welcome to mycockpit!

Wow!That sim is going to be outstanding...quite jealous of your roomy basement:)Wish i had
the space for 3 projectors.
Good luck with your project,will follow this one:D

//Lennart

Joe Cygan
04-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Welcome to mycockpit Sanfrisco!

Joe

TobiBS
04-04-2011, 02:10 PM
I really like your setup with all this steam gauges. I guess it is a lot of work, but also a lot of fun with all those real aircraft parts. Keep on your good work and post about your results, that encourages other people to follow. I guess that your knowledge in electronic interfacing for these instruments is worth a lot for others, too.