PDA

View Full Version : sound help

nemo_7708
03-09-2011, 11:40 PM
is it possible to seperate sounds on networking computer for fsx? lets say i wanted to have my sub woofer on high under my seat and then have the outside speakers on high for engine sounds then have voice only with intercom working in headphones (no engine sounds and cockpit noise coming in over head speakers... is that possible?

Kennair
03-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Hi Nemo, I'm assuming you want the FSX standard ATC sounds in your headphones? If so the answer is no you can't get these sounds via a networked PC, however you can on the FSX PC. To do this will you either need a second sound card installed or use a set of USB heahphones. Go to your Sound Settings and there you'll see 2 selections for Windows Sound Devices. Select the appropriate sound card for general sounds and select your second sound card or USB Headset for Voice. You should then be able to have engine & environment sounds from your speakers and ATC Voice in your headphones.

Having said that and referring to my other post about Lua, there's probably a way in which this little plugin can generate ATC sounds across a network. Haven't checked it out but would be a good use for it. Meanwhile see if the above helps you out.

Cheers,

Ken.

nemo_7708
03-11-2011, 10:38 PM
thanks Ken ill give it a try