PDA

View Full Version : Engravity master caution etc

Clive
03-09-2011, 02:28 PM
I have a set of annunciators for the glare wings of my 737 sim the Master caution, Fire warning and six pack. My Glare wings at the moment are made from 12mm MDF and are fixed in position. I dont understand how these annunciators were designed to fit the glare wings and wether or not it would be possible to fit them to 12mm MDF at all? Does anyone know how they are supposed to be mounted .... so far I cant work it out!

Clive

Sean Nixon
03-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Hi Clive

You have the Engravity Master Cautions and Sixpacks don't you? They are designed to be fitted to Engravity's own glare wings, which are made of plastic that is less than 2mm thick. I've had a look at mine and I think it'll be almost impossible to fit them to 12mm MDF, there just isn't that amount of thread on the fixings at the rear. You may have to make some 'extensions' that protrude from your MDF glare wings that are made of something thin enough for the sixpacks/master cautions to fit into?

Sean

Clive
03-09-2011, 06:01 PM
I thought as much I just have not worked out how they locate even on a thin material as the body diamitor of the switches seems equal to the switch itself!

dnoize
03-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Are you refering to the master caution and the fire warn switch ?

These are heavy industrial grade switches, where you can take the entire pushbutton, lightassembly off.

On the main body you can find 2 tabs on eachs side of the switch. push them in and you can take the top off.
Those tabs say "push" on both sides.

now you have a switch assembly with the connection terminals and the aluminium pushbutton/lightassembly.

On the light assembly you have a plastic ring you can screw off, insert the pushbutton/lightassembly from the front. Screw the ring in from the back, then push the switch assembly with the terminals back on from the back till you hear a click.

No standard switches are meant to be used in 12 mm thick material, so you will have to think of something there yourself.

stef

http://www.flyengravity.com/files/FWS_001.jpg

Clive
03-10-2011, 06:19 AM
Thanks Stef.... that was the info I was looking for! I could not work out the way they attached to the glare wing... I suspected they came apart in some way.

Cheers

Efe Cem Elci
03-10-2011, 06:37 AM
It was tricky mounting this to the Pegasus Airlines trainer that we were working on but mostly because the glare wings were already mounted, screwed and glued to the structure. The back side was a very tight fit for my hands and I had absolutely no way to see what I was doing. It took a bit of time and after a few times dropping the back screw I finally had it and just tightened it and it was good to go!