PDA

View Full Version : Xplane Cross platform phidget

mrmaster
02-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi! I was wondering if it is possible to have a Mac Running xplane and Windows pc Running a copy of xplane connected via Network with the phidget xplane Plugin for Windows. And then let the Windows pc Control various Phidgets like the 64 LED to control the LEDs from the annunciators etc. Would Be a Beautiful Solution to my flightdeck =) Cheers

www.x737cockpit.wordpress.com

Matt Olieman
02-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Interesting question, a good one :)

BTW, I like your website with all the pics of your cockpit progress. :)

Matt Olieman

mrmaster
02-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Haha Thanks alot!! ;) it's a Long drive and i have plenty of time to think about my Simulator :D

mrmaster
03-15-2011, 10:25 AM
hey, does anybody know about it?

oal331
03-16-2011, 02:40 AM
Why you want to run Xplane on Mac?
If you have Xplane running on windows based pc and via Xuipc all the phidgets cards on a 2nd, is not the same?

Eddie

mrmaster
03-16-2011, 04:49 AM
Because i am a Mac Guy and if i'd use xplane on win thats like As if someone who Loves Boeing Bilds an Airbus SIM

Neil Hewitt
03-16-2011, 01:43 PM
That's a cool-looking project you have there. Nice to see someone building the MIP rather than buying off the shelf (not to disparage the bought-in stuff, it's obviously pro-grade, I just prefer to get my hands dirty ;)).

As long as Mac and PC instances of X-Plane can talk to each other using the native X-Plane networking stuff, I would imagine you could then run XPUIPC on the PC and make it go.

There's an XPUIPC QA forum up at X-Plane.org, you could ask there:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=36685

NH