PDA

View Full Version : Anomaly with NAV bearing pointers

CATIII
02-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi there,

for quite some time we experience a strange anomaly on the ND. The NAV bearing pointers on the CPT and F/O NDs cannot be removed or show the wrong direction. But let's go through it step by step:

1) When the respective VOR/ADF switch is on OFF , the pointer should be removed completely - but it remains on the display. Can this be changed in future updates?
2) Next, the pointer MUST be removed if a DME-only station is tuned, since this station provides no bearing information. It seems that the GC stores the bearing of the last used station and uses it for DMEs, which is very confusing.
3) Another phenomenon was oberved on the F/O display (please see the attached video). NAV1 is tuned to HAM VOR/DME (113.10) and NAV2 has the EDDH ILS23 (111.50) active. When turning the F/O CRS knob, the CDI indication rotates properly, but also the HAM bearing indicator! This should not happen at all and is very confusing.

It would be very helpful if these small issues can be solved during the next update cycle. Does anybody else see these problems?

Best regards,
CATIII

Aaron
02-21-2011, 06:44 PM
When I turn off ADF/VOR switch in my EFIS, the pointer disapears in my display (at least this is the way I remember by memory). The third looks like you have the OBS from the FO configured as captain on the options menu?

I cant help you about the second, because I dont remember any flight over a DME only station :-(