PDA

View Full Version : Piper PA-18 Super Cub Simulator Idea.

skyline223
02-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Hey guys,

I was day dreaming the other day and an idea came upon me to design a compact size, single seat, fully modular, Piper PA-18 Super Cub simulator. I have always had a huge love for bush flying (and cubs), as it seems to be the ultimate general aviation flying challenge. So this is a little model I made in SketchUp to illustrate the idea for a mobile/portable Super Cub simulator. For gauges, I would either employ Simkits gauges or use the good ole' monitor behind panel (virtual gauges) method depending on budget. For visuals, many solutions would be possible. Either a very large LCD monitor, a single/double/or triple projector setup, or even possibly a TripleHead2Go setup using computer monitors. The idea is that the design can be very flexible - and once again, portable. Let me know what you guys think! :-)

BlackWidow
02-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Skyline223, I have built this Sim I am actually building a L188 now because my idea of how i want to fly has changed. I Have some images in the gallery. Any info you need I will be more then happy to help you out. I even have a panel made that I can send you if you would like. I used FSXpand to display my gauges and took apart a saitek TQ and ues that for power lever. The Cub I used wae the Flight Replicas Super Cup. It was alot of fun building it.And i still have the shell I used. Anyway let me know if i can halp in anyway.