PDA

View Full Version : Airbus MIP

Scandinavian-A330
02-05-2011, 06:12 AM
Hello Guys,

I just wonder what you Airbus builders get your MIP's from? I'm thinking of starting a A330 project and need some info about the MIP and where I can get a good detailed one. I know FDS have a really good one but it is really expensive.

/ Tim

jeehell
02-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Hi,

You can try to get in touch with cockpit passion:
http://www.cockpitpassion.fr/boutique/authentication.php?back=my-account.php&id_lang=1

They are specialized in the A320, but as you know it has a lot of similarities with the 330. And they maybe can provide custom panels.
Prices are good, and quality is there as well (even if it's not FDS).
Cheers,
JL

Scandinavian-A330
02-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Aah very goood thanks JL! will check it out right away ;)
/ Tim

BeaconOne
02-08-2011, 05:07 AM
Hi!

I've been searching the web for a Airbus project carried out with the Thales LCDU725 type of displays but have not found one so far. (Not the actual Thales displays but the visual look.) It also seems that all the hardware (MIP) available on the market is for the "classic" types of displays (CRT on the real aircraft). However, as the external dimensions on both types of displays are the same in the real aircraft it occured to me that a MIP like the one on the cockpitpassion-site could be used by simply adding proper frames.

Tim, have you been thinking about "classic" or "LCD" visual look MIP?

Ideas anyone?

Regards,
Henri

Scandinavian-A330
02-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Hi!

I've been searching the web for a Airbus project carried out with the Thales LCDU725 type of displays but have not found one so far. (Not the actual Thales displays but the visual look.) It also seems that all the hardware (MIP) available on the market is for the "classic" types of displays (CRT on the real aircraft). However, as the external dimensions on both types of displays are the same in the real aircraft it occured to me that a MIP like the one on the cockpitpassion-site could be used by simply adding proper frames.

Tim, have you been thinking about "classic" or "LCD" visual look MIP?

Ideas anyone?

Regards,
Henri

Hello Henri I have actually seen the LCD MIP somewhere but I can't remember where will try to find it. I'm actually going to use the classic one as that is the one used in the SAS A330's. I'll see if I can find that LCD one for you;)

Tim