PDA

View Full Version : Ground Vehicles appearing in sky help!

steveeverson
01-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Hi There,
I posted this in the aerosoft forums but havent had an answer there yet so I thought my friends here at mycockpit may be able to help me:-)

Im having an issue with ground vehicles and trains etc appearing to be floating in the air above the airport in approaching innsbruck and the Balearics
Im using Fs2004, Matrox triplehead and its a new machine/ fresh install. So the only thing I can think of is it's something to do with Ultimate terrain Europe which is the only other addon I have installed.
Hope someone can help
Cheers
Steve

steveeverson
01-30-2011, 09:13 PM
Any thoughts?

skywatch
02-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Sounds like a conflicting file somewhere......try searching for any afcad files for that airport (e.g. for Heathrow you would look for AF2_EGLL.BGL).

Also, check to see what mesh you are using for that area.

If you find something, rename it to something like *.OLD and see if that cures the problem.

Skywatch

steveeverson
02-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Thanks very much for the advice. I'll give that a go tomorrow
cheers
steve

choffmann
02-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Hi Steve!

Interesting, I also had this problem with approaching Innsbruck, but only in FS 10, not in FS 9. Since I run my home cockpit on FS 9 so far, I didnīt care. Did you ask in the aerosoft forums? I am sure, they have a solution to this. I can look up the aerosoft forum tonight and see if I can find something, I will let you know.

Cheers
Chris

EDIT: I donīt have UT Europe, so thatīs not the cause of the fault.

skywatch
03-12-2011, 11:04 AM
The chances are that you have another AF2 file for that area that is causing the problem. If it only affects the vehicles and trains, they likely have their own 'afcad' which is separate to the 'main' one for the airport.

If the trains and vehicles are dynamic objects within the scenery file then it will be a problem to solve unless you are comfortable decompiling and recompiling scenery files with dynamic objects in them.

Download AFCAD from flightsim or avsim and run it. Type in the ICAO ID of the airport you are having issues with and see what afcads are on your system for that airport. See what other files it will open in the /scenery folder of the scenery in question.

Failing that, check for conflicting mesh files. Do you use commercial or free mesh? Can you turn it off and see what affect that has?

Maybe another scenery is affecting this. I have had many problems due to scenery hundreds of miles away.

Try turning off half the scenery files and seeing what that does. Then try with the other half off. It's a long process, but narrowing it down will help you out and you might learn something new about FS along the way!

Skywatch