PDA

View Full Version : Help Cant Find FSX config

wannabeaflyer
01-23-2011, 05:01 PM
Hi Guys , its with grteat embarasment that i ask this question as iv'e been around long enough to know better...ii have my latest PC with a Quadcore Processor and saw a Post about changing the FSX Config file Ref Affinty settings to make use of the Multi core Processor... please dont laugh , ive searched my whole system and cant find the elusive FSX.CFG file Arrrrrggggghhhhhh i know it must be there cos FSX seems to work Fine .. i understand it sometimes a hidden file so i have changed the setting regarding show hidden files and still cant see it ... this will be a kick my self silly situation cos in FS9 i have modied that file countless times with FSX having major head scratching Head banging Doofus and Homer simpson D'oh Moment, if i wasnt bald already after this little episode i would have been . So Guys n Gals Any Help would be greatly appreciated Please Cheers..you can all stop laughing now :-(

kiek
01-23-2011, 05:39 PM
In Win 7 you will find fsx.cfg in C:\users\"you"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

rgrds,
Nico

blueskydriver
01-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Nico,

Has it.

However, can I suggest two things. First, after you find your FSX.cfg file make a shortcut to it and place that on your desktop since you'll go to this file a lot. Second, if you have any icon on your desktop or in the the programs' list, you can right mouse click on the icon (either location) and then select the "Find Target" button. This will take you to that icon (file's) folder location. So, no matter where it's at, you wont have to hunt, you'll be taken right to it...

BSD

wannabeaflyer
01-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Hi Guys messed up again as i forgot to mention im using windows XP for FSX on that PC Sorry . Either way guys thanks for the tips :-)

megs8888
02-05-2011, 05:56 AM
As above its in there when you open the fsx folder go to top left organize tab click folder and search options then the view tab and place a green bullet in show hidden files and folders click ok and then go to the fsx folder and the fsxcfg.txt file should be there.

wannabeaflyer
02-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Hi Guys Many thanks for the tips --found the bugger at last , seems somewhere along the line i had inadvertantly set the documents folder as hidden ?? dont know how, why or when, but thanks to the tips here and elsewhere on the web its been located at long last ( i should know better but for the life of me that had me stumped . the thing is there was already a backup copy of the cfg file where i found the orginal so i must have been there before .....go figure eh) .. relief at last -- 2nd backup created , hardcopy printed ,shortcut on desktop da dah ,. cheers guys