PDA

View Full Version : Help with panel bitmap size

nosecone
01-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Hi all

I am building a T shape MD 500 helicopter panel for my simpit and I plan to use a LCD mointor to display my gauges with a face plate and bezels over the top.

My question is ,how do you make a bitmap to match the size of my monitor

Regards

Rhys

spitfire9
01-13-2011, 11:34 PM
Check out a program calles FSPanel Studio. It allows you to take existing gauges from Fs and build your own panel.

A very good and useful program.

nosecone
01-14-2011, 03:30 AM
Thanks spitfire9
Looked into panel studio but I only want to make one panel and can't see myself using it after that.
I know how to enlarge and move gauges around a bitmap. all I am after really is knowing how to make a bitmap that is the same size as the monitor I am using

Cheers

Rhys

BlackWidow
01-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Hello

If you are refering to the actual background image, you will need to resize that image. I used to fly the DODO sim 206 and had all the gauges displayed on a seperate monitor but instead of a background image i simply used a black background. IIRC go into the panel.cfg and look under the main panel usually window00 look for Size_mm and increas or decrease as you need to match what you need. I beleive that is how i did it. I have FSPS which MD500 are you using? also check on the fourms over at Hover Control that is where i found the info on doing what you are asking.

nosecone
01-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks Blackwidow
I am building a MD500E model, here is a picture of the bezels I have had made. They will be attached to a face plate that will cover the monitor http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p178/hsvgto/panelbezels.jpg

Cheers

Rhys

Ronson2k9
01-14-2011, 10:43 PM
While he doesn't go into the detail of background image on the instrument panel. You may find this site quite useful. He's building a Bell 206 but many of the systems/controls are similar to that of the Hughes/MD.

Bell 206 JetRanger Helicopter Simulator (http://www.computerrepairs.ca/Simulator.htm)