PDA

View Full Version : DIFFERENTIAL BRAKES

shoumi
01-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Hi,

I am having problems with brakes.
There is a message constantly when I am on the ground that the Differential brakes are ON.
I have a CH rudder pedal hooked up. The setting is done through Control settings in FSX, and not FSUIPC. It is not reversed.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

Thanks,

Taufeeq

Shawn
01-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Try changing the sensitivity and null zones of the brake axis. I have had the same problem before and if I remember correctly setting a small null zone will get rid of the problem. Let us know if that doesn't work.

Suggy
01-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Have you tried reversing it?
Darren

Shawn
01-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Good point Darren, I assumed because he said it wasn't reversed that it was tried the other way, probably best to not assume.

shoumi
01-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Hi darren and Shawn,

Thanks guys for such a fast reply.
Yes, that may be an issue. I did have the null zone set at almost 25%, and the sensitivity is low as well.
No, I do not have it reversed.
I will try setting it without any null zone and at 75% sensitivity, see what happens.
Will post my results once I do that.

Thanks,

Taufeeq.

Suggy
01-14-2011, 03:13 AM
I have to have 'reverse' selected for my CH pedals brakes to work - nothing to do with dead zones and sensitivity.

Regards,
Darren

shoumi
01-15-2011, 05:22 PM
I tried with the null zone and sensitivity, did not work. I will try reversing it and see how it goes.

Thanks again.

Taufeeq

shoumi
01-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry to come back to this issue again.

I tried reversing the brakes, and it works for the Brakes message, but Differential brakes message still keeps showing, and I have problem when taxiing on the LD767.
I have to put the power at 75% to even move the plane.

Any other ideas I can try?

thanks.

Taufeeq

Shawn
01-26-2011, 05:22 PM
The only thing I could suggest is to check all you axis settings and make sure you don't have another axis assigned to the left or right brake? Maybe try reducing the sensitivity a bit more, keeping the mull zone to zero. I take it this happens with all aircraft and not just the LD767?