PDA

View Full Version : Elma E37 dual shaft encoders to Open Cockpit cards - hardware convertor

Leo Bodnar
01-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Hi,

I have a two dozen little converter boards that make dual shaft Elma E37 encoder operate like CTS288 encoder. This way it can be connected to hardware that works with CTS288 encoders. I remember this was an issue with Opencockpits encoders cards even though there was an aftermarket firmware fix.
Basically the difference between the two is that CTS288 has one output transition per detent and E37 has two so if the hardware is designed for CTS288 then connecting E37 makes it generate two pulses per each detent.

Anyway, if there is any interest in them I can supply a few at £4.99 either separately or mounted onto E37 bought from my website.

Connection is pretty obvious. The outputs are two pairs of A/B pins and a pushbutton. The board needs +5V supply (with very little consumed power) from the interface board it connects to. Make sure that you interface card uses individual inputs and not matrix wiring.

I am trying to help others out rather then make a profit here. If this looks as shameless profiteering please feel to remove this post.

Cheers
Leo

AK Mongo
01-09-2011, 11:52 PM
I think you have earned the right to a little shameless profiteering Leo!