PDA

View Full Version : Using BU0836X and other BU0836 cards with SIOC scripts

Leo Bodnar
01-02-2011, 02:03 PM
I have just run across a webpage that shows how to send input data to SIOC script from any third party hardware (including BU0836X.)

Basically you need to allocate a user (proxy) variable in FSUIPC that will hold input value from input hardware and then read this value from inside the SIOC script.

This is genius, I did not know you can do that! :smile:

I assume SIOC then can make use of full resolution of the input (e.g. 12-bit in BU0836X case.)

http://www.md80.ch/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=82&Itemid=72

fordgt40
01-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Leo

Great spot, I have been wondering how to improve the 256bit resolution available from OC, yet also be able to access the info from SIOC. Suppose I will have to buy your card now :)

David

RadarBob
01-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Brilliant ! - I didn't know you could do that either.

Thanks for that Leo.

Rob

pdpo
01-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Hi guys,

of course SIOC will read this... SIOC reads FSUIPC offsets and doesnt care who filled it on. As long as the value on the offset changes, SIOC will be triggered by the change of the value.
I am using fscommunicator to read leos 12 bit resolution card and set offsets normally used by AST for the third and fourth engine (which i dont use)
and then the SIOC will use this as propellor pitch setting.

Greetz Peter

PS : it would be nice if a good programmer could write a program that implements a directx joystick reading and give this info directly to SIOC as an sioc client... I have been thinking about this for some time but I am a bit stuck with the user interface as it would be nice of course to implement (like fscommunicator) some hysteresis and some dead zones and slopes. However, fscommunicator only reads 3 axes on each joystick and cannot read other axes so we loose 5 axes of Leos card. I have asked to fscommunicator designer if he could extend to more axes but no luck

kiek
01-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Basically you need to allocate a user (proxy) variable in FSUIPC that will hold input value from input hardware and then read this value from inside the SIOC script.
This is genius, I did not know you can do that! :smile:

Yes, that is the principle that I already used back in 2004 for my FSCONV program (http://www.lekseecon.nl/fsconv.html) ...
You can use free FSUIPC offsets (although I agreed with Pete Dowson about a specific range for FSCONV) as a sort of "mail boxes" to interconnect all kinds of systems (hardware/software) capable of reading/writing FSUIPC offsets. SIOC is just one of them.

regards,
Nico Kaan

fordgt40
01-02-2011, 07:04 PM
"of course SIOC will read this..."

"Yes, that is the principle that I already used back in 2004"

But only a few are gods, the majority of us mere mortals need guidance to open our eyes :)

David

turbovela
08-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Hello everyone,

i know now this is an old thread, but I'm in a bit of a pickle. I already have wilco a320 working with a SIOC script for outputs and using a few BU0836X for inputs which are read directly by the FSUIPC in FS. I am trying to upgrade to JeeHell but I am not sure how to use the input cards that I have (BU0836X) to read the pulses from my buttons and switches to control JeeHell. This the ad seems to be the key to using these cards, but I do not understand how. Do you still have that website? Is it still available? Or any other help would be greatly appreciated.

respectfully,

Jose