PDA

View Full Version : A/T Problem

vybhav
12-23-2010, 02:03 AM
Dear All,

I own a PM Boeing Suite. From the beginning I have been struggling with A/T specially during landing. When I want to reduce the speed, I notice although I turn the knob to reduce the speed, it only gains speed and this make landing difficult with A/T on. I have this problem with PMDG aircraft (with all panels stripped off) and also with the default B737. I also checked the Auto Pilot Beta in MCP is disabled. I am really not sure what the problem is.

Previously I had similar problem with Heading, which somehow seems to be better now, not sure how :(.

Any help and guidance will be appreciated.

Regards
Vybhav

Nick1150
12-23-2010, 03:02 AM
Hi Vybhav,

Eventhough I am new to PM, because I had the same problem, I will try to guest.

Do you have a CDU ? If yes have you seen the settings in the CDU ? Try menu/menu/settings/SPD PROTECT ... this option actually protects the aircraft at low speeds, opens flaps on its own, etc... I have it OFF. If it is ON, turn this option to OFF and try again.

If it is already OFF, then the most experienced will follow I am sure.

Hope it is this :)

Regards,

vybhav
12-23-2010, 03:10 AM
Thanks Nick. Yes, I do have the CDU and use FlyEngravity Hardware. Checked the SPD Protect, unfortunately for me all the options are "Off"

Regards
Vybhav

Nick1150
12-23-2010, 03:13 AM
Thanks Nick. Yes, I do have the CDU and use FlyEngravity Hardware. Checked the SPD Protect, unfortunately for me all the options are "Off"

Regards
VybhavSorry for that Vybhav,

I am sure there must be something easy to fix.

:)

vybhav
12-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Hello,

Just an update the problem continues, just appears that any stage I have a problem. for instance before take off thought will set A/T speed to V1 but the speed just increases and increases. Also on my online flight from EDDF -EHAM the A/T was 'on' and the ATC asked to reduce speed but I just could not reduce the speed was only increasing.....

Any help would be great

vybhav
12-27-2010, 05:24 AM
Now there has been some progress. As suggested by Farrokh, I tried to fly the aircraft with the CP Flight MCP powered off and only with the Project Magenta "PM". This time things worked out perfectly. Later I powered the Cp Flight MCP and then noted when I turned the A/T knob anti-clockwise or otherwise the speed only increased. Based on this, I think my problem is not a "PM" problem but more a hardware problem, there seems to be some communication error between CP Flight MCP and PM. I did try using the "Test" function of CP flight and noticed the same problem. Therefore the issue is with CP flight.

Any idea on how I could resolve this problem?

JWS
12-27-2010, 07:46 AM
If hardware issue, don't start unscrewing things yourself. Just contact CPFlight support (Paolo or Claudio) and ask them. Make sure you make a logfile first and send it with your e-mail, so they can see what is happening when you turn the knobs or flip the switches.

JWS

Nick1150
12-27-2010, 08:10 AM
I couldn't agree more with JWS, I would send this e-mail to Enrico (PM) too ;)

Now there has been some progress. As suggested by Farrokh, I tried to fly the aircraft with the CP Flight MCP powered off and only with the Project Magenta "PM". This time things worked out perfectly. Later I powered the Cp Flight MCP and then noted when I turned the A/T knob anti-clockwise or otherwise the speed only increased. Based on this, I think my problem is not a "PM" problem but more a hardware problem, there seems to be some communication error between CP Flight MCP and PM. I did try using the "Test" function of CP flight and noticed the same problem. Therefore the issue is with CP flight.

Any idea on how I could resolve this problem?

In fact last night in a visual approach at LGKR, which is a small and airport in a north Greek island, I had the same issues as vybhav when in full flaps and 120 knots speed.... the aircraft could not reduce to 120 knots unless the speed brakes were engadged....

I am not sure if this case is the same with vybhav, but it sure reminded me this thread...

leilson
01-22-2011, 09:00 PM
As I started to read this thread, I remember having the same prob , most when trying to reduce speed . I´ve noticed that speed begins to move back only when I rotate the knob a little back an forth . I´m using CPflight MCP as well . I don´t know exactly if there is something to do With PM , but it started recently and I have CPflight since the beginning , and was not happening before.