PDA

View Full Version : BU0836X Doesn't work in Vista, Need ideas

737NUT
12-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Well, let me start off by saying i'm PISSED! I waited 35 days and finally got the product. Website states Vista compatible.

I plug it into my FSX pc which uses Vista 32bit, Device not recognized! It actually caused my PC to get a bluescreen of death!!! Web site says the following,

' Natively supported by Windows Vista/XP/2000/Me/98, Mac OS X and Linux
True Plug-and-play at its best.'

Uh, yea, uh right! NOT!

Glad i thought to test it before i paid for it. It is useless. So now after all the headache of the shipping circus, now it won't work as advertised on my Vista 32 PC.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone but i spent an hour searching the net and all i found was other frustrated Vista users having problems. All said no help or contact from Leo. He sells you the product then disappears.

Leo Bodnar
12-22-2010, 07:41 PM
I have refunded 100% of your purchase few weeks ago. Please return the product as agreed with ordinary Airmail and I will cover your return shipping costs as well.
BU0836X is Vista compatible.

Well, let me start off by saying i'm PISSED! I waited 35 days and finally got the product.
What date (post by...) is printed on the shipping label?

Leo

737NUT
12-22-2010, 07:47 PM
I have refunded 100% of your purchase few weeks ago. Please return the product with ordinary Airmail and I will cover your return shipping costs as well.
BU0836X is Vista compatible.
Leo

Gee, thats professional, politely tell me i'm lying. It DOESN'T work, i want to use it so why not help your customer. I will pay for it if it works. It works fine on my XP laptop.

737NUT
12-22-2010, 08:32 PM
I fixed it on my own! I deleted ALL usb devices and let Vista reload everything for the USB devices. Now it works fine. I will paypal you asap.

AK Mongo
12-22-2010, 08:49 PM
UK Leo leg humpers? A little harsh but I lol'd. Dude, the revolution ended in 1783. It's even been 196 years since they burned the White House. They are our friends now!

They are a strange bunch with their afternoon tea, Doctor Who and spotted ****, but they are generally harmless now!

Glad it is working, and have a Merry Christmas whichever side of the pond you live on, or is it Boxing Day?

Reid

Edit: apparently I can't type spotted "short for richard" without being filtered.....

capetonian
12-23-2010, 02:16 AM
I fixed it on my own! I deleted ALL usb devices and let Vista reload everything for the USB devices. Now it works fine. I will paypal you asap.

Well Done!

I personaly think an apology toward Leo might be an acceptable gesture after moaning and groaning. (<- That's my personal opinion. If you don't like it and feel like flaming me please do it via PM).

ian@737ng.co.uk
12-23-2010, 03:27 AM
Well Done!

I personaly think an apology toward Leo might be an acceptable gesture after moaning and groaning. (<- That's my personal opinion. If you don't like it and feel like flaming me please do it via PM).

first of all i have to say that i have no issues with the card working on vista. secondly, i have to agree with carpetonian as the issue was not with the card and
finally spotted d*ck is really nice :o
have a great christmas chaps
rgds

ian

lenne
12-23-2010, 04:25 AM
Glad you solved this problem!

Ive been looking at the leo bodnar card for a while and and it
seem to be a cheap and easy card to use...after dealing with interfacing
problems like this of course=).

Im also using vista 32 so this was good information before my card purchase.
Well, let me start off by saying i'm PISSED! I waited 35 days and finally got the product. Website states Vista compatible

I plug it into my FSX pc which uses Vista 32bit, Device not recognized! It actually caused my PC to get a bluescreen of death!!! Web site says the following,

' Natively supported by Windows Vista/XP/2000/Me/98, Mac OS X and Linux
True Plug-and-play at its best.'

Uh, yea, uh right! NOT!

Glad i thought to test it before i paid for it. It is useless. So now after all the headache of the shipping circus, now it won't work as advertised on my Vista 32 PC.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone but i spent an hour searching the net and all i found was other frustrated Vista users having problems. All said no help or contact from Leo. He sells you the product then disappears.

ian@737ng.co.uk
12-23-2010, 09:39 AM
hello lenne.......
i have been using BU0836 family of cards for years from windows 2000 thru XP, Vista and into W7 with no issues at all.
they are virtually 'bombproof' and there is so much you can do with them once you know how to squeeze every last function
out of them. good luck and merry christmas captain :o

ian

Navajo31
12-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Hi Lenne,

I got my card 2 weeks after ordering.
Shipped 1week after order, mail took one week as well.
That was shipped to the netherlands.

The cards work very well!
I use Win 7 64 bit.

I ordered the E37 encoders, these are very nice.
My setup is more towards GA, aircraft. The encoders feel like com, nav knobs in GA aircraft.

Cheers

Shawn
12-23-2010, 12:31 PM
I've got three cards running on three seperate 32 bit Vista machines and haven't had a single issue so far. I'm not much of a computer expert but what I do know for sure is that computers can be tricky and sometimes you need some patients to get things working. In my opinion Leo's cards are the best option on the market when you consider ease of use, simplicity, solid construction and most importantly the price.

ANDYSMITH
12-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Hi I have seven of Leo's cards on ttwo machines without a problem, Leo is my Hero!!! Good Job !!

I just learned a few days ago that if you setup encoders on some of the inputs, the settings stay IN the card. I transfered a card over to win7 and was suprised as heck that the encoders still worked without needing the "encoders" utility. Very cool.

Andy Smith