PDA

View Full Version : My first laser cut panel

glider_uk
12-15-2010, 02:39 PM
This is the first panel I have cut and engraved to allow illumination of the text.
It is the Fuel Panel for the A10C.
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz190/Glider_uk/fuelpanel1.jpg

Any comments would be appreciated

Glider

mondo50m
12-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Comments? What comments? I mean, other than it looks fantastic, and 'job well done!" what other comments would apply? Great job Is this your first project, or have you had the laser for a while? Again, great job.

Milt

glider_uk
12-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Comments? What comments? I mean, other than it looks fantastic, and 'job well done!" what other comments would apply? Great job Is this your first project, or have you had the laser for a while? Again, great job.

Milt

This is my first project myself, But I have done panels for a few people to help them out.

autocadplease
12-15-2010, 07:26 PM
I think it looks great. It took me many tries before seeing anything like yours.

glider_uk
12-16-2010, 03:05 PM
I am testing a different setup, I am painting the face and then engraving through the paint, I have tested the engraving so it only engraved 2 microns deeper than the paint. It seems to work without leaving any decearnable feel to the engraving . I will re-cut the full panel once testing for fumes from the paint is completed and I will video the cutting and upload it if anybody is interested.