PDA

View Full Version : Autoland with CDU?

Tarzan737
12-12-2010, 07:07 AM
Hi..

when i try to Autoland with the cdu that i just trying to learn it will
try to land to far in at runway and to high altitude?
someone who know why? i have glideslope and localizer locked...
and in PFD it also says "No Autoland"

i asked project magenta but no answer.. i hope someone here know why?

regards: Tommy

JWS
12-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Tommy,

Did you read the manuals on PM site? No use asking PM things that are explained there.
You should have both your radio's tuned to the ILS frequency and engage the second A/P (usually CMD B) after glideslope capture.
Maybe approach speed too high?

Try again and let us know.

JWS

Tarzan737
12-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Thank u very much JWS... i just have time to try once and it seem to work... but should it be like this?? or is it just a solution?
i have another problem to... maybye you know... somethimes i got error when i delete a leg and the cdu shut downs?? any solution?

anyway... thanks for this....:D

//Tommy

JWS
12-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Don't know what build you use. There have been problems with the route building for some time, but I thought the latest build took care of them (or at least most of them). This "deleting-a-leg" issue sounds new to me, but you better check again and contact PM support.

Regards,

JWS

autocadplease
12-13-2010, 12:51 AM
... but should it be like this??
Yes, both NAVs need to be tuned to the ILS and both autopilots engaged - just like in real life.

You can change the autoland flare settings in the config settings if needed too.

JWS
12-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Hi..

when i try to Autoland with the cdu that i just trying to learn it will
try to land to far in at runway and to high altitude?
regards: Tommy

Tommy,

Too high?? Hmmm..did you use real weather and if so, did you set your altimeter to the correct local QNH before approach & landing?
Just a thought.

JWS

autocadplease
12-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Doesn't autoland use radio altitudes? Even though the wrong altimeter setting would screw things up.

JWS
12-16-2010, 08:36 AM
It does, but you never know.

JWS