PDA

View Full Version : NAV & COM freqs change after passing a waypoint...

Nick1150
12-11-2010, 04:31 PM
I am posting this thread here and not in the MCP forum, because I beleive that it is a CDU settings thing.... I think :mrgreen:

So as the title says, NAV & COM change after passing waypoints of my flight plan. I am guesting the CDU changes the frequences, but then again it is just a guest.

The problem is that during the flight I want to prepare ILS and VOR frequences, in order to be ready for landing. With the CDU changing those frequences all the time, I can only prepare my landing after the last STAR.

Any advise ?

Thanks,

yoss
12-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Nav --yes but com?
You should prepare you stby nav for approach and leave the active for cdu to handle
I am very rusty on B737now due heavy rebuild, Nick , but that what i rememeber somehow, lol

Nick1150
12-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Nav --yes but com?
You should prepare you stby nav for approach and leave the active for cdu to handle
I am very rusty on B737now due heavy rebuild, Nick , but that what i rememeber somehow, lol
Thanks Yoss for the answer :)

In fact this is what I do, but I was wondering if there is a way, for the CDU not to change the active frequences ?

Yes you are right about the COMM, only NAV freqs change, sorry for that ;)

yoss
12-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Well, Nick the cdu thinking and working for you--but handling only active
So anything you wont to do by yourself --do on the Stby unit

Otherwice--disconnect LNAV and be your own boss,
what reminds me some joke about Airbus --told by my greek friend by the way, lol--but that next time

choffmann
12-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Nick,

as I understand you want to do your approach briefing setting the FMC with the appropriate NAV settings, right?

Well, if you need the ILS frequency for the rwy you expect then you can get that from the approach ref page, which you can select from the init ref and then LSK 6L.
If you want to disable the auto nav setting, you must go to Menu - menu (i.e. press twice), settings (LSK 6L) and then LSK 1L.

I hope this answers your questions.

Chris