PDA

View Full Version : Pots to control volume etc?

spitfire9
12-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Is there any way to use pots to control radar tilt or brightness on a wx radar or assign an axis to volume control etc??

I recently purchased the realityxp radar and would like to use pots to control gain,brightness and tilt using pots instead of encoders.

Thanks.

yoss
12-04-2010, 05:30 PM
No , you cant , unfortunatly
But you can use device so called pulse switcher with any joystick adapter
or encoder with BU386x interface and asighn keystrokes to the outputs via Fsuipc

Yoss

spitfire9
12-04-2010, 07:47 PM
I am using the BUo386x card. Just thought I might use the axis inputs for that because I am running out of digital inputs.

I quess I might have to order another card.
I thought that the 270 deg travel on the pots might be more realistic than the multi turn encoders. I'll look into the pulse switcher.
I take it a "pulse switcher" is basically an encoder that only has a few detentes each way ??

MrProach
12-05-2010, 11:29 AM
I think FSUIPC had a feature where you can split an analogue input range into zones and assign different action for each zone.
If you create 5-15 zones it might be just what you need if you manage to set up actions properly?

If not FSUIPC then maybe 3rd party software like SVMapper might be able to help?

yoss
12-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Jan, pulse switcher is a device closing and opens two different pairs of contacts depending on shaft rotation direction-but still needs any kind of joystick inteface
I remeber, i got mine from Mousers time ago

Thats what i trying to use in same project
Did you alredy solved the full screen display prob , exluding not needed details?