PDA

View Full Version : Problem with DVATX using SIM-AVIONICS

FredK
11-30-2010, 12:26 AM
Hi All -

I am having a problem getting DVATX to work with SIM-A. All works fine when using the default FSX 737 MCP. However I cannot get my motorized throttles to work using SIM-A. I did modify the ini defining SIMAVIONICS=1. DVATX connects with FSUIPC OK but the A/T stays disconnected. I am using the CPFlight MCP737PRO with SIM-A. The MCP module is running on the SIM-A server which is a separate computer from FSX.

Any other SIM-A users out there using DVATX? Any ideas on this would be much appreciated.

Fred K

diegov
11-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Hi Fred,

I have the exact same setup. To setup DVATX you not only need to define SIMAVIONICS=1, but also define the THRUSTREF value in the dvatx.ini file. This offset must equal the offset you define for the THRUST_REF_MODE= value in the sim-a FSUIPC_IO.ini file. Additionally, in the FSUIPC_IO.ini file you need to define offsets for COMMANDED_THROTTLE_L_POSITION= and COMMANDED_THROTTLE_R_POSITION= and match these offsets with the servo offsets in the dvatx.ini file..

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Diego

FredK
11-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Hi Diego -

Many thanks for your response. I implemented the offset references in the FSUIPC_IO ini and all works like a dream! I am very impressed with how DVATX operates!

Very best regards,

Fred

Peter Nielsen
12-06-2010, 07:04 AM
Hi Diego,

could you please tell me where i can donwload DVATX?

tks
Peter

FredK
12-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Peter -

Go to Downloads->Administrative->DVATX.

Fred

Peter Nielsen
12-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Tks,
I have given up trying to get the levers to move in any sensible manner wiht the normal Phidget set up, so will give this one a try
just to confirm, do i need to run ANY phidget software programmes at all with DVATX?

And would DVATX work with the following inputs, as this is how its been connected here

81818 (8/8/8)
DIG IN
0 ENGINE 1 CUTOFF
1 ENGINE 2 CUTOFF
2 PARKING BRAKE LEVER
3 TOGA
4 AT DISENGAGE

DIG OUT
0 PARKING BRAKE
1 NAVIGATION LIGHT

ANALOG IN
ENG 2 REVERSE
ENG 1 REVERSE
4 SPOILER HANDLE
5 ENG 1 THRUST
6 ENG 2 THRUST
7 FLAPS

77219 (0/0/4)
DIGITAL OUT
0 ACTIVATE THROTTLES
1 ACTIVATE SPOILER HANDLES
2 TRIM UP
3 TRIM DOWN

88658 (SERVOS)
0 THROTTLE LEVER ENG 1
1 THROTTLE LEVER ENG 2
2 SPOILER LEVER
3 TRIM WHEEL

Tks for any help
Peter

FredK
12-11-2010, 11:56 AM
DVATX works independently of the Phidgets software. Whichever one you execute first will grab the Phidgets main board to the exclusion of the other. So you need only to launch DVATX. There are offset entries that can be modified in the DVATX ini. The software is essentially plug-and-play. Very little modification of the ini is required unless you have a very special case regarding the offsets you are using. Be sure the airlerons offset is set to 0 otherwise you will have uncontrolled flight.

Fred K