PDA

View Full Version : MULTI SCREEN SETUP NOT BEING SAVED

dodiano
11-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Hi,

Small question which has been a headache for me all day long... I have set a small 2 screen setup.. Using one Video Card with Dual outputs! The setup is one small screen for the Flight instruments and the second view displays the Outside view to a Overhead Projector... Now I set my screens resize them and then save the Flight but when I Re-start the sim and load the flight again the screens are not in the saved position but the way they originally appeared... Any suggestions?

Regards,

Roberto

Nick1150
11-26-2010, 05:01 AM
Hi Roberto,

Is this in a windowed mode or full screen ?

If in a window mode, the two windows must be undocked, you can put them anywhere you would like and then by saving the flight they should stay in these places when re enter.

If in a full screen mode, the instruments and the external view must not be undocked before saving.

dodiano
11-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Thanks for that Tip will try that and let you know! I think I had it in Full Screen mode!

Thanks.,

Roberto

Shawn
11-26-2010, 12:42 PM
I've never had much luck getting either FSX or Fs9 to remember panel placements. I am now using a program called "Panel Position" and it works perfectly. I am using multiple monitors (4) You can get the program here http://www.casawave.fr/upload/fsx/Panel_Position.zip

dodiano
11-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Hi Nick,

With the Undocked screens not in FULL screen it workedwonderfully but with FULL SCREEN did not manage to do it but I left it on the Undocked way!! Shawn thanks for the tip on that software will try it out!

Regards,

Roberto Soriano

Nick1150
11-27-2010, 02:26 AM
Hi Nick,

With the Undocked screens not in FULL screen it workedwonderfully but with FULL SCREEN did not manage to do it but I left it on the Undocked way!! Shawn thanks for the tip on that software will try it out!

Regards,

Roberto Soriano
Hi Roberto,

I know what you are talking about ;)

I have the same issues with the full screen setup. On the other hand a fellow builder here in Athens with an i7 win7 PC has no issues with it. My dual core PC cannot save in full screen though...

I really do not know if it is a matter of PC configuration at all, but nevertheless I use window mode, and it works for me :)

dodiano
11-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Yeah my guess is that Windows mode will have to make the cut for the project LOL!!! Now I am having trouble with my brand new Matrox Triplehead2go LOL!! Apparenttly my cables is the problem just spent like $50 on cables and they don't work LOL!! Anyways... Thanks for the help!!

dodiano
11-28-2010, 02:10 AM
Now couple of things my Matro TripleHead2go is working but when I save the flight in Undocked mode the stupid outside view is only placed on the Left screen and it is not spread to the other 2? Any ideas why? Or how to fix it so that when I open up it appears on all 3 screens?

Thanks

Roberto

Nick1150
11-28-2010, 05:23 AM
Now couple of things my Matro TripleHead2go is working but when I save the flight in Undocked mode the stupid outside view is only placed on the Left screen and it is not spread to the other 2? Any ideas why? Or how to fix it so that when I open up it appears on all 3 screens?

Thanks

Roberto Please try the following... try to save the flight as a default one in FS (check the box "make this default flight") and tell me if this worked :)

dodiano
11-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Hey Nick,

Nope it did not work bud... Any other ideas? It saves the screen on the Left one but it does not saved it Extended on all the 3 screens...

Thanks for the help!

Roberto

rjvcarvalho
11-29-2010, 10:37 AM
try Control+maximize icon on fs main window 2x

dodiano
11-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Sorry where is that Ricardo?

rjvcarvalho
11-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Sorry where is that Ricardo?

It's the normal maximize window icon next to minimize, if you use windowed mode those icons apear the top right part of the Flight Simulator window.

dodiano
11-29-2010, 12:27 PM
It's the normal maximize window icon next to minimize, if you use windowed mode those icons apear the top right part of the Flight Simulator window.

Oh I have done that... But Fs changes the dimensions of the Screen where I have the panel and when I restart it again it does the same thing?

Nick1150
11-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Have you tried resizing the window in two screens instead of three, and save to that format ?

You understand that it must be a bug or something small and stupid of windows right ?

If not, please try lowering the resolution from matrox menu.

Hope it works :)

dodiano
11-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the Help Guys I will try but it was such a headache to make the Matrox work on
the 3 screens that I am afraid to screw it up... Will experiment a bit more and let you guys now my findings!

Thanks

rjvcarvalho
12-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Just use these settings on Matrox PowerDesk and you will be able to start with the window on all 3 screens automatically.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8991/matrox0.png