PDA

View Full Version : Internet time !

props
11-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Hello All, Im working with four computers and all network well with wide, fus. my
situation now is how do i add my internet to this networking, knowing that my computers all have there own private I.P. addresses. I know this time would come i just didnt think it would be so soon.

thanx ahead of time Props

capetonian
12-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Hello All, Im working with four computers and all network well with wide, fus. my
situation now is how do i add my internet to this networking, knowing that my computers all have there own private I.P. addresses. I know this time would come i just didnt think it would be so soon.

Well, if your computers are already on a LAN with a switch it is very easy to connect it all to the Internet. All you need to do is configure a gateway in each ccomputer and connect your switch with a UTP cabel to your ASDL/SDSL/Fibre/Cable connection. If you do not already have a home broadband connection it would be your first step to attain one.

My situation is similar although I only need one pc, the FS pc to have internet access. My IP configurations are as such:

FS PC:
IP: 192.168.2.9
Gateway 192.168.2.254
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Hostname: FS

Cpt PC:
IP: 192.168.2.10
Gateway 192.168.2.9
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.248
Hostname: CPT

FO PC:
IP: 192.168.2.11
Gateway 192.168.2.9
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.248
Hostname: FO

I hope that helps.

props
12-24-2010, 01:17 AM
Hey Capetonian my pc`s are the same as yours, Im thinking its the gateway i have to check or maybe the subnet mask ?
what do you think?

props

hark40
12-24-2010, 03:52 AM
Hello,

I have 4 computers in network connected through ASDL/SDSL/Fibre/Cable to a switch.
I also have the Internet cable connected to the switch.
Once all that steps are done, I go to the properties (TCP/IP) of each computer and i press the button for obtaining an IP Address automatially (this is the way of my router works for Internet).
After that i make in a console (cmd) the command "ipconfig" and I check and note the IP assigned automatically.
Finally, I configure all the scripts and hardware to work correctly.

capetonian
12-24-2010, 06:21 AM
Hello,

I have 4 computers in network connected through ASDL/SDSL/Fibre/Cable to a switch.
I also have the Internet cable connected to the switch.
Once all that steps are done, I go to the properties (TCP/IP) of each computer and i press the button for obtaining an IP Address automatially (this is the way of my router works for Internet).
After that i make in a console (cmd) the command "ipconfig" and I check and note the IP assigned automatically.
Finally, I configure all the scripts and hardware to work correctly.

So you seemed to be fixed :)
I am now sitting at Schiphol Airport waiting for my flight to Barcelona :)