PDA

View Full Version : BU0836X

glider_uk
11-13-2010, 05:42 AM
Is Leo Bodnar's contoller BU0836X still available, I sent an email with a couple basic questions a few days ago and I have not had a response, He could be on holiday or something, I want to order it but I want to make sure its going to be sent.

Glider

ian@737ng.co.uk
11-13-2010, 09:19 AM
hi glider...............
Leo Bodnar is one real busy guy. there's a thread here somewhere that states he gets 20,000 emails a year. he is so busy building cards that mails, i'm afraid get overlooked. i've known leo for many years and you have my word he is one real straight guy, if you order your card, you WILL get it and you can quote me on that.
good luck and have a great weekend........

ian

glider_uk
11-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the reply

Ordered today

notgotaclue
12-02-2010, 07:54 AM
Hi,
My first post here - A wealth of information.
I am also looking to buy one of these cards but am slightly wary because the forum on his website has not been active for a long time
Did you receive it ok?
P.S Ian - Will you refund me if my £50 goes off into the inner reaches of the internet never to be seen again? ;)

737NUT
12-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Its going on 17days and still have not received my card from Leo. NO email response, sorry don't care how many you get, when you run a business, it's your responsibility to have customer service. I have now started a dispute with paypal seeking a refund. Really stinks as i wanted the card and now have to find an alternative.

capetonian
12-02-2010, 09:57 AM
My card took 4 weeks from ordering to arrival. A little longer than anticipated but it arrived.

Rome was not built in a day and I have no problem waiting a little longer to get something.

skyline223
12-02-2010, 10:00 AM
I just received my card the other day... Yes it took a few weeks but it was well worth the money. Be patient guys!

notgotaclue
12-02-2010, 11:30 AM
I think I will order one.
As the payment method is through Paypal I should be covered if I do not receive anything.
It seems a shame as it is such a fab piece of hardware and here I am dithering whether to buy or not when the purchase should have been made without a seconds thought, and I bet there are many more people like me.

AK Mongo
12-02-2010, 11:55 AM
took me a long time to order one because of problems mentioned in this forum. I did order one and although it took longer than usual to ship, it arrived safely here in Alaska. I would buy one, but do not be in too big a rush to get it. In my experience your money is safe though.

737NUT
12-02-2010, 02:16 PM
All fine and dandy but you DON'T and i repeat, DON'T put this on your website!! And i quote,

2. Order is shipped within 4-5 business days
BU0836X is in stock! It is shipped worldwide from the UK with Royal Mail Airmail. It is insured, so if mail is lost you are guaranteed a replacement (or refund if you wish so). Typical delivery time is one-two weeks to the US and Europe but may take longer for South America, Asia, etc. As soon as you have paid for the order, it is in the system and will be shipped promptly. If you need to cancel it or change delivery address you need to send me an email quickly.

Sorry, this is a poorly run business. If i did this to a customer when i had my business i would have gotten my arse reemed! You under promise and over deliver! Not Over promise and UNDER deliver! Period!

steveeverson
12-02-2010, 02:56 PM
hi glider...............
Leo Bodnar is one real busy guy. there's a thread here somewhere that states he gets 20,000 emails a year. he is so busy building cards that mails, i'm afraid get overlooked. i've known leo for many years and you have my word he is one real straight guy, if you order your card, you WILL get it and you can quote me on that.

ian

I'm in agreement with Ian, I've bought 7 various bu0836 cards from Leo over the last few years and received them all within a couple of weeks no problems.
Steve

Joe Lavery
12-02-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm in agreement with Ian, I've bought 7 various bu0836 cards from Leo over the last few years and received them all within a couple of weeks no problems.
Steve

I have to agree with Ian and Steve. As a user of 3 of Leo's cards which all arrived within 10 days, I would be happy to recommend Leo and his products.
Naturally you may have to wait a little longer this time of the year but I don't know anyone who has failed to get their order.

Joe.

MrProach
12-03-2010, 05:49 AM
[ deleted ]

Leo Bodnar
12-03-2010, 06:02 AM
Robert,
There is no need to throw a fit like a five year old in a toy shop.
For the sake of the bemused audience I would list some facts:
You have placed an order on the 16th of November.
Your order has been posted at 07:59 on the 17th of November with Airmail.
It does NOT have a tracking number. I think this is not unexpected for £4.99. I would be pleased to send it with UPS Express for £35.
If you really need to improve delivery times please ask the customs to relax controls on joystick controllers or work faster.

For now I have refunded your order in full so please return it unopened when received.

I do overshoot my promises for some products that require a lot of manual work (like racing gear - SLI-Pro) but your order was not one of them.
I apologise for not answering emails since at the moment it is just not possible because demand exceeds supply. Shrewd businessmen like yourself would have doubled or tripled the prices at this point.

Airmail is officially lost after non-delivery or non-return after 24 working days since posting.

Many thanks
Leo Bodnar

All fine and dandy but you DON'T and i repeat, DON'T put this on your website!! And i quote,

2. Order is shipped within 4-5 business days
BU0836X is in stock! It is shipped worldwide from the UK with Royal Mail Airmail. It is insured, so if mail is lost you are guaranteed a replacement (or refund if you wish so). Typical delivery time is one-two weeks to the US and Europe but may take longer for South America, Asia, etc. As soon as you have paid for the order, it is in the system and will be shipped promptly. If you need to cancel it or change delivery address you need to send me an email quickly.

Sorry, this is a poorly run business. If i did this to a customer when i had my business i would have gotten my arse reemed! You under promise and over deliver! Not Over promise and UNDER deliver! Period!

glider_uk
12-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Well since I started the thread I better say something, The order for mine only went in yesterday and I am in the UK so delivery should'nt be an issue. I think that now you have been on the forum Leo it will put a lot of peoples minds at rest. I am just looking forward to my card and thankyou for an excellent device.

737NUT
12-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Leo,
With all do respect, your site also says the buyer will receive, and i quote again,
'3. You will get confirmation that the order has shipped
I will email a notice when the package has been shipped.'

I got no such email, and when i checked with paypal, there was a royal mail tracking number that when checked stated 'Invalid'. See i have been burnt by overseas puchases more than once so my fit throwing like a child as you stated is worry not anger. Unfortunately, i was NOT a good businessman because i was to nice. I gave away to much to try and please the corrupt world we live in.I was a one man show hopping up race cars that kids drove everyday. That is a whole another story. I didn't ask for much, just a delivery confirmation that was promised by your site on your product. Excuse me if thats asking to much. I did some research before i made this 100.00 purchase all said quick delivery but slow communication. I still want the product and ordered with confidence thanks to the feedback from this site.

Rob

Robert,
There is no need to throw a fit like a five year old in a toy shop.
For the sake of the bemused audience I would list some facts:
You have placed an order on the 16th of November.
Your order has been posted at 07:59 on the 17th of November with Airmail.
It does NOT have a tracking number. I think this is not unexpected for £4.99. I would be pleased to send it with UPS Express for £35.
If you really need to improve delivery times please ask the customs to relax controls on joystick controllers or work faster.

For now I have refunded your order in full so please return it unopened when received.

I do overshoot my promises for some products that require a lot of manual work (like racing gear - SLI-Pro) but your order was not one of them.
I apologise for not answering emails since at the moment it is just not possible because demand exceeds supply. Shrewd businessmen like yourself would have doubled or tripled the prices at this point.

Airmail is officially lost after non-delivery or non-return after 24 working days since posting.

Many thanks
Leo Bodnar

notgotaclue
12-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Leo,
I appreciate that you are working hard and your number one priority is building the cards as fast as possible, but surely it is not going to take much time out of your day to send an email saying -
A) I have received your order and will process it as fast as possible - expect to wait 4 weeks for delivery. Thank You for your custom.

then

B) Your order has been shipped - It could take upto 2 weeks for international delivery due to circumstances out of my control i.e. Customs Clearance. Thank You for your patience.

That is the least the PITA customer expects today. As it is, £50 is a lot of money and when the BUSINESS (The PITA customer does not know - or care- that you are a one man band) does not reply to queries then alarms bells start ringing and posts start appearing which could put potential customers off.
Thank You and I look forward to receiving my card by Monday please ;)
Allan.

iwik
12-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Hi Guys,
I felt i must reply in defense of Leo. Firstly delivery of my orders have met my expectations and what he promised. i ve delt with a lot of companys over the years
and yet to find one that meets 100% of what they promise.
Rob: i bet when you were in business you weren guilty of lack of communication on the odd occasion.
Guys, loosen up, here in New Zealand for the best part of the last 50 years electronic parts havent been the easiest to get and had to be sourced from overseas.
From the many companys i have used 99% of the time i have been fully satisfied.
Ive seen people on this forum expect things to be delivered at a specified time and date witrhout any lee way.
The trouble with the public these days is they are to impatient.
Maybe Leo needs to Charge more, where would we be then, some belly ache enough now at some prices.
Guys enjoy life and have a great Xmas.
Les

Boeing 747 Flyer
12-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Leo's card arrived within 15 hours of my payment. Need I say more?

ian@737ng.co.uk
12-04-2010, 05:30 AM
Hi Guys,
I felt i must reply in defense of Leo. Firstly delivery of my orders have met my expectations and what he promised. i ve delt with a lot of companys over the years
and yet to find one that meets 100% of what they promise.
Rob: i bet when you were in business you weren guilty of lack of communication on the odd occasion.
Guys, loosen up, here in New Zealand for the best part of the last 50 years electronic parts havent been the easiest to get and had to be sourced from overseas.
From the many companys i have used 99% of the time i have been fully satisfied.
Ive seen people on this forum expect things to be delivered at a specified time and date witrhout any lee way.
The trouble with the public these days is they are to impatient.
Maybe Leo needs to Charge more, where would we be then, some belly ache enough now at some prices.
Guys enjoy life and have a great Xmas.
Les

ditto from me :o

2thdoc
12-06-2010, 09:40 PM
hi glider...............

ian

I agree with Ian! Speaking from my own experience, I ordered 4 cards from Leo's website back in October and about 2 weeks later (live in the US), I got a package in my mail, but it only contained 1 card.:( I sorta panicked, took a deep breath, and immediately e-mailed Leo to make him aware of the shortage on my order. Granted, it seemed like an eternity in the couple days it took him to e-mail a response back to me after he checked into why I only received 1 of the 4 cards I purchased. After a couple e-mails back and forth he assured me that he would immediately send my my other cards the following day. After another 10 days or so, I received another Royal Air Mail package in my mailbox containing the other 3 cards I purchased along with a hand written note from Leo apologizing for the confusion, inconvenience, and delay in my order fullfillment. Bottom line, in the end, Leo came through in a very professional manner and I would not hesitate for a second recommending purchasing from him. It may just take him a few days to reply to inquiries from you but I can also vouch for him as a straight up guy as well! Hope that helps anyone.

2thdoc

notgotaclue
12-07-2010, 12:53 PM
While I await the imminent arrival of my card I have a question which will prove how much of a newbie I am. :oops:
I have bought the switches to wire them up to this board but...... wait for it........ what type of wire do I use?
I have done a quick search to save my blushes but could find no mention of the wire to connect to the board.
Please be gentle with me as I have had a tough day....
Thanks

Joe Lavery
12-07-2010, 01:27 PM
While I await the imminent arrival of my card I have a question which will prove how much of a newbie I am. :oops:
I have bought the switches to wire them up to this board but...... wait for it........ what type of wire do I use?
I have done a quick search to save my blushes but could find no mention of the wire to connect to the board.
Please be gentle with me as I have had a tough day....
Thanks

I assume you've bought the BU0836X card, which has push button connections. Personally I find it better to use a solid core wire for this card, because you need to push the wire into the small receiving socket. It also helps when you want ot route the wire because it stays where you put it.ffice:office" /><O:p></O:p>
I see you're in Wales so a suitable wire can be bought from Maplin, (generally a bit pricey), or I use Rapid Electronics.

100M REEL BLACK 7/0.2 WIRE RC
http://www.rapidonline.com/sku/Cables-Connectors/Equipment-Wire/Equipment-Wire/7-0.2mm-Equipment-wire-(plain-colours)/62320/01-0400

This is the wire I use 7/0.2 in 100M reels. this is generally called hookup or equipment wire and I believe Maplin sell a similar product in various colours.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=6192&OrderCode=PA45Y (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=6192&OrderCode=PA45Y)

Hope that helps

Joe.

notgotaclue
12-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks you very much, that was a great help.

glider_uk
12-08-2010, 03:39 PM
mine arrived today. Great SERVICE

Joe Lavery
12-08-2010, 07:32 PM
You see, oh yee of little faith... Leo is a good guy... no need for tantrums just a little patience...;)

737NUT
12-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Now 21 days LOL 3 more and it's considered lost in the mail per Leo.

AV8bMAF
01-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Hi

Ordered my BU0836X and it arrived within 48 hours..... Very happy!

737 Flight Simulator (http://www.virtual-aerospace.com)

737NUT
01-20-2011, 05:07 PM
Just for the record, mine took 34 days, you guys posting from the UK saying shipping is fast is useless to us over the pond! For what it's worth, my Opencockpit order is on day 31 from ship date and still not arrived. Security must be getting real tight.

fordgt40
01-20-2011, 06:48 PM
I have had the same problem in reverse ie from the USA, Canada or Hong Kong. Perhaps the answer is to play the respective postal system and not the supplier, unless of course we insist on paying a premium for Fedex or DHL etc.

David

gpawood
02-03-2011, 03:59 AM
I'd like to order a card or two, but the site is down. Anyone know how to contact Leo to place an order?
thanks
tommie c

nax228
02-03-2011, 04:15 AM
temper temper NUT
You should know this hobby good enough to know that waiting is part of the game.
If you're so inpatient, never even think about ordering anything from FDS, cockpitsonic, Rev-Sim ++.
I think your statements are completely out of line. Leo's been into the business for such a long time, providing excellent quality goodies to simmers all around the world for years and years and do not deserve this critic in this or any other forums.

737NUT
02-03-2011, 05:56 PM
temper temper NUT
You should know this hobby good enough to know that waiting is part of the game.
If you're so inpatient, never even think about ordering anything from FDS, cockpitsonic, Rev-Sim ++.
I think your statements are completely out of line. Leo's been into the business for such a long time, providing excellent quality goodies to simmers all around the world for years and years and do not deserve this critic in this or any other forums.

You need to understand, my comment on customer service was the lack of communication and adhering to the written promises on his website! Not the length of delivery time or product quality. GET IT RIGHT! There is a BIG difference!
Rob

Leo Bodnar
02-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Hello gents,

Earlier this week the guy who has been helping me with shipping orders has left so to avoid more frustration I have temporarily suspended the website. I am back on my own which is not easy as I am shipping 10-20 orders a day via website orders and I hate to have any backlog. Unfortunately over Christmas the backlog extended to up to two weeks on some products. As of today I have shipped all outstanding website orders and just need to finish a few racing sim jobs.

I just want to thank you all who support me via buying my little products and even by simply being interested. For the last three years I have been making a living from this hobby - all thanks to you.

For the time being you can still order anything you need from my website by adding underscore after the word "products" in the webpage address.

Cheers
Leo

Joe Lavery
02-03-2011, 06:40 PM
It may be simply that Leo is bogged down with orders and consequently has pulled his site for the moment to catch up. As Nax has already said Leo has been doing this for a long time, no reason to think that he won't continue.

Have a word with Ian Sisson, he's a friend of Leo's and may know what the problem is.
As far as ordering from the US is concerned it's somethiong of a two way street, having ordered bits from the US and waited literally weeks for quite small items to be delivered I understand your frustrations. But I have ordered from Open Cockpits and had the delivery in 5 days, the same applies to Leo and Engravity. Yet stuff from the US can take over a month to arrive. So it's either the Britsh or US customs at fault, rarely the suppliers themselves.

Just MHO.

Joe.

Oops ;) looks like I was right and Leo beat me to the reply.... anyway nice to see you back Leo

Regards
Joe.

gpawood
02-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Good to hear Leo is well and doing fine. Thanks for all the help, and thanks Leo for the update and link tip. I'll be placing my order soon, and I can be patient,,,, :-) FSUIPC-BUO836X, the must haves to make flight sim more fun and work better...
tommie c

ian@737ng.co.uk
02-03-2011, 07:47 PM
hi guys........
i just got an email from Leo. you have no worries chaps, he just needs a bit of time to catch up and
regroup. just hang on in there :o
have a good day and regards from wales....

ian

nax228
02-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Roger and out

markusr
02-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Hello.
I have a question. I have 5 BU0836X cards in my cockpit. The productsite says that it has also 8 analog inputs.
Can I connect there potentiometers directly to the for example: GND Z +5V connectors?
Thanks for any advice.
Markus

Edit: I tried this now, but FSUIPC wont recognize any joystick movement in the joystick assignment page....

Edit2: Its working now. I have reconnected the card to the PC and than it was recognized by FSUIPC.

flyinjake
02-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Markusr,

Do you have rotary encoders hooked to the boards? If so how is the performance?

markusr
02-12-2011, 11:04 AM
No, I don't have rotary encoders connected.
Sorry.

spitfire9
02-12-2011, 12:45 PM
I have 12 encoders on one board and they work fine .

But don't forget to download the small rotary encoder software from the Bodnar site.

MrProach
02-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Looks nice! Is it a real photo or CGI on their webpage?

OldTimerNewPilot
02-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Looks nice! Is it a real photo or CGI on their webpage?

I wondered about that myself. It looks identical. Not to change the subject or derail the thread but, if anyone could help I posted a question on making a DC-3 yoke here http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php/22194-DC-3-Yoke I am really unsure what to do or where to start?