PDA

View Full Version : New member for Australia

Bernie
11-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Hi all,

My name is Bernie and I have just taken it upon myself to add to my already built Cockpit room, a realistic 737 Panel. I run 5 identical computers running FSX with Wideview and Widetraffic. I am currently very much into Anaglyph 3D but have the intention to reduce my current 5 LCD views to external projection in time. I don't quite know which way is best, whether it be 3 projectors or 1 projector using a curved PVC screen and Curved Mirror. Perhaps someone here could advise me in this forum as to which is likely to be the best method, from their experience.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

riche543
11-09-2010, 03:10 AM
Hi bernie
I havnt got as far as views atall on my pit (far from it) but it seems the way to go is the 3 projector setup with curved screen if you have the room, I will struggle with this as i do not have the height in my shed to put projectors above. will have to use Short throw & mirrors i think, but welcome to Cockpit.org you will most certainly find your answers here im sure. also great to see more aussies gettin on here great stuff. where in oz are you im based in sydney north shore. good luck with it
Rich..

Bernie
11-09-2010, 04:08 AM
Hi Rich,

Thankyou for the reply, I will have to have some serious discusssion with the Boss about the future need for 3 projectors. (May not go down too well) For now I will still continue with the monitors, but reduce to 3 for Views and use 2 of the computers plus other monitors for internal use. I am from South Australia, and in the Riverland district. I have been overwhelmed by the amount of good information here. Again, thankyou for the nice welcome.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

Geremy Britton
11-09-2010, 06:18 AM
Hi Bernie, welcome to the madness. As you say all sorts here for you, you are lucky to have a dedicated simroom i too have a 'simroom' but its more like a storeroom at the minute. Without doubt the projector method is the best, and to get a seamless display as you mentioned a curved screen works well. There is of course an implication of space required if you go down this route.

All the best

No Longer Active
11-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Hi welcome to Mycockpit, you are certainly in the right place for 737 simulator information!

I welcome you personally!

Alex

Bernie
11-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Hi Geremy & Alex,

Thankyou both for your warm welcome and as I venture further down the path of my project, I hope I also will gain knowledge that I can share with others here.
My Simroom is built in a shed attached to the house but I think I will have to throw a few obsolete gardening tools out and make more room. Lol.

Thankyou.

Kind Regards

Bernie

Westozy
11-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Welcome to the forum Bernie,

I have my own forum here and I offer assistance with mechanical solutions to all builders - "Westozy's Mechanical Engineering".

Cheers, Gwyn Perrett
www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
Perth, Western Australia

Bernie
11-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Hi Gwyn,

Thankyou also for your welcome and I have already had a look at your wonderful site with lots of goodies. I am being inundated with so much expert information here and am looking forward to the learning curve.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

muzzza64
09-29-2013, 10:07 PM
Bernie, did anyone in particular help with screen issues. Im wanting a 4 screen setup for the sky. BUT major challenges to get it working.
Im keen to find the right person.
Muz

Bernie
09-30-2013, 04:13 AM
Hi Muz,

I have seen you post elsewhere, was it at Prosim or Wideview as these are my other places of interest. I will have to find your other posts and have another read. I am still using the 5 x Montiors as before with Wideview. I have done a lot of work but the projectors never got off the ground. Maybe one day still though.

Kind Regards

Bernie.