PDA

View Full Version : Assigments for FMC

Geremy Britton
11-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Hi all

i've got an FDS FMC older version and in FSUIPC all the buttons press and are recognised in FSUIPC but there isn't the functions such as 'EXEC' and 'PROG' etc etc to assign these buttons to. They are just recognised like a keyboard 'ctrl+5' etc which in some cases has automatically assigned itself to random functions such as view change.

Is there some software (or it may be the latest FSUIPC that i dont have) that allows you to assign the correct buttons to the correct functions for the FMC?

P.S I'm supposed to be running Flight Sim in windowed mode, how do you do this?

Thanks for your help! :)

mpl330
11-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Hi Geremy,

What FMC software are you using?

Cheers
Mike

Geremy Britton
11-06-2010, 08:54 AM
...None.... :oops:
So far i've plugged it in and pressed some buttons.

No Longer Active
11-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Hi Gez....

You can switch from windowed mode to full screen mode (and back, vice versa) by pressing [Alt Gr] + [ENTER]

Hope this helps....

Alex

No Longer Active
11-06-2010, 09:28 AM
I think I have got the software for your FMC.....

Is this it?

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/pcupload/FDS-CDUv1.3.8.zip

Cheers,

Alex

Geremy Britton
11-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Thanks Alex for both replies, i'll give the windowed mode a try now and i'll save this software to disk and give that a go too.
Hopefully its right. I'll let you know :)

mpl330
11-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Ah, in default FS there won't be those functions so it will just reflect default key presses...
I suspect you will end up mapping the key presses / function key assignments to the required input for the software - at a guess.

Cheers
Mike

Geremy Britton
11-06-2010, 06:29 PM
well windowed mode worked... i'll test the setup tomorrow.
Its the FDS FMC from 2004/2005.

Mike i tried it using FSUIPC registered version, what software do i need to program/assign the FMC properly?

mpl330
11-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Hi,

FSUIPC will provide the interface to the software variables or directly into FS variables but you will need to be running a package that incorporates an FMC, e.g. PM, SimAvionics, PMDG etc. as the FMC is not in base FS... If you are running pmdg you can probably assign the default keys you are currently generating to the pmdg fmc functions...

Cheers
Mike

Geremy Britton
11-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Hi Mike, yep got PMDG and have the FMC up on screen and i'm pressing the buttons but no letters etc are coming up on the fmc by using the panel. I'm just getting a change in view and throttle to max and other weird and wonderful surprises. :shock:

To be fair i will look at purchasing one of the softwares you mentioned.
Is there a way until then i can assign (for example) the button 'A' on my FMC to the PMDG virtual FMC 'A' on screen in FS?

using only flight sim and FSUIPC and PMDG add on

mpl330
11-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Hi,
It sounds like the weird stuff that is happening is the default FS functions for the key combinations your buttons on the fmc are currently mapped to.
Just done a quick google (other search engines are available) and it looks a little bit like you can not map into the pmdg fmc, that is probably the reason why engravity had a specific interface application for their fmc to pmdg...
Not familiar with the fmc you have but I wonder if it would be possible to get an OC key card and run the pmdg fmc in its own window, i know with the OC key card and sioc you can assign which window the key presses go into and looking at Ian's site he maybe got something going with the OC card and using fsuipc mouse macros... http://www.737ng.co.uk/opencockpits.htm bottom of the page on the right...

Cheers
Mike