View Full Version : A Little update!

No Longer Active
11-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Now with radios! ooooooh! :D

http://alexpilot.50g.com/mipwithgoflights.jpg

JWS
11-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Alex,

Although it's a totally different approach compared to our airliner decks, I must say that it looks great. I ocasionaly hop into the Cessna for a quick one around the tower, but it never feels right to land with it on the major European airports that I love to visit. And going from one place to another takes so much time. But from a building perspective, you've got a winner.

JWS

No Longer Active
11-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Hi thanks for the kind words, well I started this project on Monday 21st June, and its now early november now, so I have got this far in just over 4 1/2 months, it had slow build periods and then moments when I done lots of work.

I have re-made alot of this sim as my original ideas were not as viable as first thought, things like covering the sim in black leatherette instead of a painted enclosure, and cnc'ing my MIP instead of hand made, I am always updating and improving the sim as much as I can, I still have a lot to do such as apply some decals to the goflight radio, remake my audio panel, replace throttles with real vernier controls. But the sim is made on a budget and I have pushed as much out of the penny as I could, and I dont think I have done bad considering the whole sim has cost nearly 500 pounds so far!

So getting there slowly, Kind regards!

Alex

Matt Olieman
11-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Beautiful workmanship Alex, WOW, real nice. :) :) :) I wouldn't mind having that to go around the patch a few times. :)

Thanks for the update Alex.

Matt Olieman

JWS
11-05-2010, 08:58 AM
But the sim is made on a budget and I have pushed as much out of the penny as I could, and I dont think I have done bad considering the whole sim has cost nearly 500 pounds so far!
Alex

500? Unbelievable!

JWS

No Longer Active
11-05-2010, 09:12 AM
500 is for sim only, you have to take into consideration the cost of PC, plus software and external hardware which would probably double this price, 500 is quoted for what is has cost me to build and kit out the sim including radios and everything that's in it such as i/o cards, screens, interfaces etc, using a mix if brand new parts and used parts!

It could cost £1000+ easily! That is ready to fly, the sim itself is not the expensive part, its keeping the PC upgraded and speedy that costs (like I have just spent £100 replacing my cpu from a dual core to a core2duo screamer, plus upping the ram)

Now I need a new gfx card, you never stop upgrading your pc which adds to cost!

Kind Regards,

Alex

Joe Cygan
11-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Looking good Alex!

AK Mongo
11-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Your 4 1/2 months makes me feel sloth-like! Great job Alex.

Nick1150
11-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi Alex,

That's a great job with an excelent outcome :)

No Longer Active
11-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks for all your comments! When I get more usb cables popped through the post I will take a pic of both radios lit up plus gauges plus led's and warning panel!

Getting there slowly....as I always say!

No Longer Active
11-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Now testing the sim with x-plane, I cant see why this Cessna (ie my sim) wouldn't work, would be great to have the best of both worlds!

jackwall
12-26-2010, 07:27 AM
Great job, I've been quietly following your posts for a few months.

Congratulations ... an inspiration for sure.