PDA

View Full Version : Im New Here

Hawkeye
11-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Hello all. My name is James and I am interested in building a C172 or C182 sim. I am currently learning to fly and with prices of fuel going up and rent going up Im looking for an alternative source or aviation fun. I have been a proud flight simmer since FS98. I am currently attending Texas Tech University double majoring in German and Communication design. I look forward to getting further into the Flight Sim world and learning about making a home cockpit.

Joe Cygan
11-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Hi and welcome!
You came to the right place to start building a flight simulator. You will not find a more "down to earth" group of builders than here. Good luck with your flight sim project.

Joe

Mike.Powell
11-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Welcome, James.

No Longer Active
11-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Hi, welcome to the forum, please feel free to post in my GA sub section, Alex

Geremy Britton
11-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Hi James, Welcome to the community, i'm sure you'll find everything you'll need here in terms of help, pictures, videos, and reviews.
Remember if you have any questions just let us know theres many experienced builders of the cessna and some that have access to the real aircraft.
When you feel you have something to show, post up some pictures of the sim in our gallery.

All the best

Hawkeye
11-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Thanks everyone. I think I have changed my mind haha. I think building an SR22 would be fun. The only thing I would find dificult would be how to setup the MFD and GPS displays. Is there a tutorial on how to setup buttons for those?

autocadplease
11-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Is there a tutorial on how to setup buttons for those?

I would suggest purchasing the full version of FSUIPC - that way it will be much easier. There are instructions in FSUIPC's manual/guide.

JWS
11-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Hello all. My name is James and I am interested in building a C172 or C182 sim. I am currently attending Texas Tech University double majoring in German and Communication design.

Also, herzlich wilkommen, Hawkeye. Viel Spass und Erfolg.

JWS