PDA

View Full Version : Painted Lower Section

No Longer Active
10-26-2010, 10:45 AM
I have painted the lower panel to my cockpit black instead of horrible grey, it looks awsome now!

I have just bought 2 x GF166 radio's from a mycockpit member which will arrive shortly.

Just need to install radio's when they get here, finish my autopilot, make a lid...

Then it's finnished...and time for decent photo's in HD!

http://alexpilot.50g.com/lowerblack.jpg

Joe Cygan
10-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Looking good Alex!

Bjarne Horsbøl
10-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Look´s very good Alex !

GoFlight module´s ? :o

Never expected you to use goflight.
Do they fit ?

Bjarne :)

Geremy Britton
10-26-2010, 12:22 PM
I think you should print off some overlays for the goflight panels, perhaps putting collins, or honeywell in the corner as it will look 10 times better instead of goflights silly animated plane doing aerobatics lol.

As the GA aircraft is black instruments you can just print in black and white from the local library or something and you're sorted!

No Longer Active
10-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Never expected you to use goflight.
Do they fit ?

To be honest a year ago I never thought I'd buy goflight units because they are not the most realistic looking GA radios....BUT...and a BUG BUT.....they do EXACTLY what I want them to do, and they do the job that I need them for...

Remember my Bendix King stack that I made that didn't have digits.....well I still have a few sheets of the stickers left with the radios printed as 'stickers' and to my amazement the stickers are 50mm high which is the same hight as the goflight radios.

Also the radio's will be mounted behind my 160mm wide radio stack panel cutout so what you will see is some awsome Bendix King radios which are 160mm wide (same as all real GA radios) that are actually GoFlight. but you will never know! hahaha!

Sorted!

Will post updates real soon.....

Bjarne Horsbøl
10-27-2010, 08:23 AM
I think you should print off some overlays for the goflight panels, perhaps putting collins, or honeywell in the corner as it will look 10 times better instead of goflights silly animated plane doing aerobatics lol.

Also the radio's will be mounted behind my 160mm wide radio stack panel cutout so what you will see is some awsome Bendix King radios which are 160mm wide (same as all real GA radios) that are actually GoFlight. but you will never know! hahaha!

Very very good idea´s !!!

I can use them ! :)

Regards
Bjarne

Steve1970
10-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Alex, this is looking like a very nice panel, any chance of a couple more YouTube videos?

All the best
Steve

Jordan Farmer
10-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Looking very nice alex, very inventive i would say! Definately showing some brain work there :p I do look forward to hearing moe about it soon :p

No Longer Active
10-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Hi All,

I will certainly post more updates/pictures/video's real soon, working on the last phase of the cockpit now and then on to visuals!

As said, just working on radio stack (awaiting goflight radios in post) and a lid and then going to crack on with the wording/labels/decals.....

More up soon!

Thanks for all your comments!

Alex