PDA

View Full Version : Can not zoom out in virtual cockpit?

taiping
10-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Hey, just got my simple setup running today, i am using 3 samsung 19in monitors, and a hd 5770 graphics card in eyefinity mode, with a total resolution of 4080x768, and i can not zoom out to see the whole cockpit, any ideas? thnks

BishBash
10-24-2010, 05:49 PM
If running fsx enable widescreen in fsxcfg may help.

Regards

steve

bussgarfield
10-25-2010, 12:43 AM
Hi taiping.

I assume you are using a conventional keyboard, if so, hit the backspace key. You should then be able to zoom in and out.
I had the same problem and found this out by accident. I run 3 monitors via 3 video cards and FSX. I suggest you try this before going into your cfg files.

Please can you sign off with your name.

Gary

taiping
10-25-2010, 06:43 PM
yes, it is in wide screen in the cfg, and i can see a significant difference when using one monitor, i can see the whole cockpit in VT mode, but with 3, i can only see about half of it in the vertical side

Taiping

BishBash
10-26-2010, 04:23 AM
I also use the plus and minus keys on keyboard to zoom in and out in vc mode.

steve

nax228
10-26-2010, 08:23 AM
or try press SPACE + scrollwheel on mouse.

rjvcarvalho
10-26-2010, 08:34 AM
Just use the minus key.

Stevsky
12-08-2010, 11:16 AM
I just started using ATI 5870. Only problem I have with a 3 monitor setup is in full screen. In full screen I get a clone of the virtual cockpit on each monitor. The only way I can use it is to alt-enter out of full screen and then stretch that across all three monitors, then I end up with the tool bar at the bottom and the menu tabs at the top. Does anyone have a work around for this in order to use the full screen across all 3 monitors. I do have them grouped 3X1 and using Win 7 64 bit. Also is there a way to zoom below the 30% limit to get a better view of the cockpit along with the outside?

autocadplease
12-08-2010, 01:37 PM
What resolution are you using in FS? Sounds like what FS is running is different from what you are using in Win7.

Stevsky
12-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Thank you. I had to edit my old nvidia card out of FSX.CFG then it finally showed the 5760X1200 resolution choice within FSX. Now I can use it in full screen. Can only zoom out 30%, if anyone can find a way to go to 20 or 10% that would be amaxing. Thanks again for your ideas Mr Autocadplease!

Stevsky
12-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Just use the minus key.

I can zoom out up to 30%, but I was hoping that there is away to zoom out to 20 or 10%.

Stevsky
02-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Using the ATI 5870 with 3 monitors and bezel compensation is good in window mode, but can not align properly in full screen in FSX. Anyone else have this problem?

brynjames
02-24-2011, 02:25 PM
In FS9 you could zoom out slightly more than was permitted by the minus key by inserting the desired figure in the zoom box in the view menu - but only down to about 0.28 if I remember correctly. I never heard of any possibility of more zoom than that, and I'm not sure I would want it because view towards the edges of the screen look increasingly distorted.

--
Bryn

wledzian
02-24-2011, 03:42 PM
There is a way to get extreme zoomed-out views, but this is accompanied by extreme distortion as well.

First, find fsx.cfg and make sure you've set WideViewAspect=True. It's easy enough to find instructions to turn that on.
Once WideViewAspect is set to true, fsx clamps the shorter window dimension. As this is now most likely the window height, a wider window will give you a more extreme effective zoom.

Next, set your primary view to 2-d cockpit. Yes, 2-d cockpit. It'll make sense in a minute.
Shrink the panel and outside windows down small, and set the zoom HIGH to reduce the geometry load on your processor.

Finally, open a NEW window and set it to virtual cockpit. Expand this window horizontally to fill the whole screen, but adjust it vertically to fill only a part of the screen. Since the 30% zoom clamps the vertical FOV and you now have a very wide-aspect window, you will have a wider horizontal FOV than would otherwise be available. Shrink the vertical dimension to a point where the distortion is not intolerable, and you're done.

You will never be able to get 180°FOV like this, however, and the distortion (IMHO) is intolerable. My personal preference is to use several narrower vertically-striped windows, each showing a smaller portion of my desired FOV.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php/20216-Borders-on-windows-window-alignment-tool?highlight=

Steve Bourgeois
05-04-2012, 11:09 AM
I just started using ATI 5870. Only problem I have with a 3 monitor setup is in full screen. In full screen I get a clone of the virtual cockpit on each monitor. The only way I can use it is to alt-enter out of full screen and then stretch that across all three monitors, then I end up with the tool bar at the bottom and the menu tabs at the top. Does anyone have a work around for this in order to use the full screen across all 3 monitors. I do have them grouped 3X1 and using Win 7 64 bit. Also is there a way to zoom below the 30% limit to get a better view of the cockpit along with the outside?

same problem !! did you fix it ?? if so how ?? loll still cant correct it..alwas at 30%

thanks

steve

Stevsky
05-04-2012, 11:58 AM
same problem !! did you fix it ?? if so how ?? loll still cant correct it..alwas at 30%

thanks

steve

I did correct it. change your graphics resolution within FSX to the same that you are using with the ATI card. It is a very high number.