PDA

View Full Version : Hi from sunny(?) Scotland

andy_burnton
10-15-2010, 04:32 AM
Hi Guys 'n' Gals,

My name is Andy Brown and I'm a flight sim nut.

Time server aircraft engineer (Scottish Avaition) then electronics engineer and finally now a computer technician in our local college.

Always been in to helicopters and particularly military ones. Recently came across SimHQ forum and decided to build a Comanche cockpit based on EECH.

Everything except the I/O cards has been made from scratch by me. Cards are Master Card, USB LCD, USB keys, and USB display boards from Open Cockpits.

As you can see all the indicators and MFDs are working from the game via SIOC and MaxiVista. Now working on wiring the switches.

Cheers,

Andy

Neil Hewitt
10-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Hi Andy.

Nice set-up. There are a few rotary wing builders around here, I think. Always nice to see fellow UK-based simmers joining up.

Welcome!

NH

Geremy Britton
10-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the pics andy, looks really good, nice to see a military pit too.
What you planning on doing for visuals?

Hope you find everything you need here :)

jaspar
10-15-2010, 06:34 PM
hi andy welcome to the forum from a fellow scottish military sim builder
lovely pics of your pit.

p.s scotland is always sunny isnt it .its just the low cloud and constant drizzle thats hiding it.

Nick1150
10-16-2010, 01:20 AM
Welcome to MC.org !!!!

Excelent project ;)

Jordan Farmer
10-16-2010, 02:29 AM
Welcome to my cockpit Andy, very nice to see yet anouther builder here! And, if you ever get stuck, you will always have somebody here who can help you gt back on track! But a brilliant looking build so far! Good luck with whatever comes next on your projects, and believe me, you will NEVER stop building :p

Jordan

vybhav
10-16-2010, 03:36 AM
Welcome to Mycockpit.org Sunny and all the best with your project.

andy_burnton
10-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the pics andy, looks really good, nice to see a military pit too.
What you planning on doing for visuals?

Hope you find everything you need here :)

Hi Geremy,
Planning to use ground glass for front and triangular side screens. Will box this area in and back project using an Epson S1 I've got.

I have more info on my site if you want it. It's at:

http://www.simpit.me.uk

Cheers,

Andy

andy_burnton
10-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Thanks to everybody for the welcome. Hope I'll be able to contribute and help others in the future.

Cheers,

Andy

Douglas999
10-19-2010, 11:22 AM
Hi Andy

Welcom to the madness. The best this about flightsiming is I can make it sunny in Scotland:)

Douglas

Falkirk
Scotland

NigelD
03-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Hi Andy,
Nice to see a helo enthusiast! Ahh, I remember the old Novalogic Comanche with a lot of fondness! Haven't been on the forum in a long time myself, but my sabbatical from the cockpit is over and the harsh demanding mistress is hollering at me! There is a point to all this - maxivista. How do you find it? I have seen it before and am considering implementing it to undock just my FMC. I am flying a Wilco A320 (no sign of that bloody Airsimmer advanced yet....).

I'd be grateful for your views (or anyone elses for that matter!)

Nigel.