PDA

View Full Version : Buo386X

Drewsta
10-13-2010, 06:57 AM
Hi guys, can you run more than 1 buo836x card on 1 computer or will it double up on the button assignments? Also if I want to hook up my leds to a 5 volt on the card, can i hook them all up to the same 5 volt and ground on the card in some way?

Cheers
Drewsta

yoss
10-13-2010, 10:41 AM
You can attach more then one BU386x cards to same pc
As to leds , i would do that ,only using Usb hub with external power supply

Joseph

ian@737ng.co.uk
10-13-2010, 01:53 PM
hi drewsta......
no worries with hooking up several X cards to one PC. i have 6. each one has a seperate serial no./ID, so your OS will see them as different controllers.
re: the 5v connection for the LED's, i would suggest using a seperate supply like from a computer power supply because we all get adventurous
and there's only so much juice available thru the card and your USB bus.
good luck ...
rgds ... ian

Drewsta
10-13-2010, 05:17 PM
hi drewsta......
no worries with hooking up several X cards to one PC. i have 6. each one has a seperate serial no./ID, so your OS will see them as different controllers.
re: the 5v connection for the LED's, i would suggest using a seperate supply like from a computer power supply because we all get adventurous
and there's only so much juice available thru the card and your USB bus.
good luck ...
rgds ... ian

Thanks for the replies, that all makes sense. Instead of attaching all the led wires to the end of the little red wire, is there some sort of strip or rail i can attach all the seperate wires to, then attach that to the red wire? Same with ground?

Drewsta