PDA

View Full Version : Cessna Warning Panel Offsets

AK Mongo
10-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Noob question time :p . I have laid hands on a phidgets LED 64 card, that I want to use to drive the O/M/I indicators, and the warning panel lights for a Cessna 17x/18x.

Fs2Phidgets appears to be a great little piece of software that reads the outputs from FS (or is it FSUIPC?) and makes the magic work. Unfortunately, I am having trouble finding the offsets for the warning lights in the dropdown list. I have also looked at the offset list in the FSUIPC sdk, and am no closer to finding the correct output to reference.

Has anyone done this and gotten the offsets for the following?

L VAC R
L Low Fuel R
Oil Press
Volts

http://www.simkits.com/pictures/warningpanel.gif

I am trying to sync up my panel with the same values as the default 172 uses to light the indicator.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Reid

No Longer Active
10-12-2010, 01:08 AM
For AK Mongo:

You will find ALL of the Cessna Default C172 Offsets in the tables in this product manual:

http://simkits.com/downloads/documents/TRC_Multicontroller_07_april_2009.pdf

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Alex

AK Mongo
10-12-2010, 02:07 AM
Alex,

If they are in there, I am still having problems finding them. What am I missing?

Pages 29 and 30 list the FS outputs, but none of the warning panel indicators are evident. The OMI markers are great to have, but I am still struggling. Did you use offsets to drive your led warning panel?

caKus
10-12-2010, 04:13 AM
Hi Reid,

I had a look at FSUIPC doc this morning, but did find what you are looking for. According to me, you won't find offsets that correspond exactly to your wish.

You can find offset like 2834 : Generator bus voltage or 0B7C left tank level, but they give you the value of the data, not an alarm.
I thing you have to do some programming : if generator bus voltage less than xx Volt then set Volt alarm light. I guess FS2Ph is a good tool for this.

Cheers.
Patrick.

AK Mongo
10-13-2010, 01:34 PM
You can find offset like 2834 : Generator bus voltage or 0B7C left tank level, but they give you the value of the data, not an alarm.
I thing you have to do some programming : if generator bus voltage less than xx Volt then set Volt alarm light. I guess FS2Ph is a good tool for this.

Cheers.
Patrick.
I thought that may be the case. Does anyone know how to tell in FSX what levels trigger the warning panels?

For example, do the warnings light at 10% fuel left in the tank? 5%? Certain number of pounds or gallons?

What VAC level? What Oil Pressure, etc?

Or is there a way to "interrogate" FSX for that info?

AK Mongo
11-04-2010, 06:14 PM
I thought that may be the case. Does anyone know how to tell in FSX what levels trigger the warning panels?

For example, do the warnings light at 10% fuel left in the tank? 5%? Certain number of pounds or gallons?

What VAC level? What Oil Pressure, etc?

Or is there a way to "interrogate" FSX for that info?

Think I have found some answers that I will share.

1. There is a program called FSInterrogate2std that comes in the FSUIPC SDK. It allows you to check values in FS of about 1600 variables. When FS is running, it allows you to check and see what a lot of this stuff does, and by fiddling around with FS you can change the values in FSInterrogate to see which offsets correspond to some of this stuff.

2. I can't find any way to get the info from the annunciator gauge about what logic it uses to light the idiot warning. It would have saved time if I had, but c'est la vie.

3. Offsets for the warnings appear to be:
VOLTS: Main Bus Volt 2840 Trigger: <28V
L FUEL: Left Main Tank Level OB7C Trigger:≤ 30.2%
R FUEL: Rt Main Tank Level 0B94 Trigger: ≤30.2%
OIL PRESS: Engine 1 Oil Press 08BA Trigger: <20
I may also add >100 as this is where the red line is on the gauge, but I don't know how to drive oil pressure up that high to see if it lights the gauge.

L VACUUM R: Suction 0B18 Trigger: Wild Guess here, so I am inferring it will light with the red lines on the guage. <3.5 and >6

Now I am on to FS2Phidgets to try and figure out how to make the logic work. For example, I want all of these lights to light only if the triggers are met AND the battery switch is on. Might need to post a new topic in that forum.

Hope my effort can help someone else so they don't reinvent the wheel.

Reid

AK Mongo
03-03-2012, 03:32 AM
Just an update, I got all of the lights working now.

I would be very indebted to someone if they could tell me under what circumstances the bar in the upper right of the panel lights up. Does it just come on when the test function is activated, or does it serve some other purpose. Sharing of Simkits or real life experience would be very helpful.

Reid

WJH308
06-16-2012, 02:51 AM
AK Mongo, I have over 2000 hours in the small stuff as an Instructor, and I honestly cannot remember that red bar coming on besides the test function. Next time I am in a R or SP model, I'll play around with it. Lately been flying around in a Grumman tiger...

AK Mongo
06-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Thanks WJH. That is the answer I assumed and ran with.

Reid

huskerwr38
02-02-2015, 01:30 AM

I would be very indebted to someone if they could tell me under what circumstances the bar in the upper right of the panel lights up. Does it just come on when the test function is activated, or does it serve some other purpose. Sharing of Simkits or real life experience would be very helpful.

Reid

Can you share the logic in how you got this working!

AK Mongo
02-04-2015, 12:07 AM
Husker,

I used a phidget led board with FS2phidget5 as the interface software. The logic basically checks the bus to see if there is power, if yes, then it checks individual fsuipc offsets to see if it is within a certain range (i.e engine 1 oil press >x or <y,) if not then it lights the associated hardware output.

It was a very versatile program, but support was cut off in favor of fs2phidget 4 and I was never able to teach myself how to use the older program.

kermit
02-04-2015, 02:33 AM
Hi Reid,
what make are you using for your Cessna model,
std fsx , A2A, Flight 1
I want to use A2A but have a hard time finding solutions for Simkits instruments.
I`m using a ccu2 on a 32 bit Pc and usb instruments on a 64 pc
greetz Henk

huskerwr38
02-08-2015, 02:41 PM
I'm not sure if this will help you, but here is some information regarding LVars for the A2A C172.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=40906

Xpendable
04-15-2015, 01:24 PM

Reid

The red "bar" comes on only in test mode. The reason it is there is to show you that there is no function in that space of the annunciator. I believe some Cessna 172's are equipped with a 2-Axis autopilot which can control pitch via a trim tab servo. In that case the the annunciator would not have a red bar; it would instead have a "PITCH TRIM" light in place of the bar and I believe this would indicate a fault in the trim servo.

AK Mongo
03-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Kermit,

Have not been here in a while. FSX Standard was what I used.

hyamesto
03-09-2016, 05:26 PM
Not exist in FSUIPC (at least i canīt find), but with IOCP Server (a module to work with SIOC of Opencockpits Cards) you can find this list:

(0373) Warning Fuel
(0374) Warning Fuel Left
(0375) Warning Fuel Right
(0376) Warning Vacuum
(0377) Warning Vacuum Left
(0378) Warning Vacuum Right
(0379) Warning Oil PSI
(0380) Warning Voltage

All variables, except Vacuum Warning Lights, works like panel in stock FS2004 C-172 or 182 plane.

The vacuum never turns on in the plane with failure, or with stopped motor (try in the simulator).
Seems to be a glicth at least in FS2004. (I donīt have FSX intalled to try)..
Others planes work ok.
I donīt know how IOCP take this variables (token variables?) or how relate with FSUIPC.
Regards.
Horacio.