PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed!!

julian.bernard
10-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi all,

I'm new to this site and I apologise if this topic has already been covered but I'm looking to invest in a projector system for my vehicle simulator (running rfactor) and from what I've read on this forum you guys know your stuff!

I'm pretty new to the world of projectors and until now have only ran my vehicle simulator off 3 screens. I wouldn't say I have an unlimited budget, but I am curious as to what money can buy in terms of projectors and the higher end of the market. I'd want to run a 1:1 scale on my vehicle simulator and would imagine that this would require quite a high resolution projector. I would also like advice into whether to go curved or flat sceen as I can see advantages in the two.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this and I'd appreciate any advice!

Cheers,

Julian

kermit
10-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Hi Julian,
I think you need to have a look at X-Sim.de, most of these guys are playing with car simulation
greetz

julian.bernard
10-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Cheers for that. Had a look there and also opened a thread, but I think those guys work more with TFT screens. What's a good hi res projector and why would i opt for a 2 projector set up as opposed to a 1 or 3 for example?

Cheers

Julian