PDA

View Full Version : Slowly Getting There....

No Longer Active
10-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Here's a mini update:

http://alexpilot.50g.com/cessupd1.jpg

Throttles now work, audio panel in place!

Need to make a cabinet lid, insert nav com radio (on its way), make some labels...

Then it's finished.....(making an autopilot panel as we speak that's going in too!)

Cheers,

Alex

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I have incorporated a marker test push button in the audio panel which is wired upto my LED I/O card, so the marker lights all light up at the push of a button, as well as doing its job as a marker indicator (OMI).

Jordan Farmer
10-03-2010, 10:15 AM
That really is getting there! My build has come to a stop for a while :( ive just got a new job and its pretty full on, whenever i get home, im wayy too tired to do any building, and i havnt got any money from it yet, being payed monthly, so everything has kind of stopped! but, that is looking very nie, and i would be buying that if i had the cash :P

Neil Hewitt
10-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Alex - you, sir, are a craftsman. That's lovely finishing. I wish I were anywhere near as accurate with my own building. There's now so many minor errors in length and height that I'm having to measure and fit each piece individually.

Show us some pictures of the final thing in action!

Ronson2k9
10-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Awesome.. Always inspiring Alex.. I too love the finish you've put on the MIP. If you need any placards let me know. I've made drawn up quite a few different one. If you have the C150 owners manual I think it will list all the placards that would be in the cockpit and there approximate location. I know my PIM has all that stuff.

Cheers.
Ron

No Longer Active
10-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Hi, thanks for your comments, I am pretty much building what I can and when I can (I work crazy shifts in a hotel!). The sim is slowly getting there, you really don't realise just how much time it all takes, and when you have built one thing, there always seems to be something else that you need. I have taken a pic with gauges, its pretty much pointless taking a pic of each LED as they come on so will do a video with it working with FS....when I have some space to set it up lol!

Heres another pic, the sim looks like it has real gauges...their projected!

http://alexpilot.50g.com/with%20gauges.jpg

My audio panel cost about £1 to make, I have made 6 black blank panels which measure 180mm x 40mm x 3mm each (160mm visable when mounted). Each blank will then be removed or converted as and when I make or buy more avionics! Connect to your I/O card and waalaaar! I will have 1 com and 1 nav so the audio panel just uses 2 inputs plus the red marker button is connected to the LED card which provides the test function!

Cheers,

Alex

No Longer Active
10-07-2010, 08:43 AM
Update: Led's hardwired and permanently installed in the sim now. When I do a cold start, the LOW VOLTS led comes on as soon as I press the MASTER BAT swtich, the LED illuminates. Then as soon as I start the engine with the magnetos the LOW VOLTS light goes off. The MARKER TEST button on my audio panel is wired to the LED Card through an input signal and when pressed all the LED's light up as a test, when button released they go off. Next after takeoff the marker lights go through their corresponding Marker routine over inner, middle and outer markers. The LED's were a right little f*cker to wire up and interface, but thanks to Dave Ault, he got them hooked up to fs9 with the default C172 and works with my C152 model.

Throttles now wired up, throttle levers now made and permanently fixed.

Just waiting for my SPST buttons to arrive, then the autopilot is finished, put nav com in the rack, make a lid....and finished!

Alex

No Longer Active
10-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Hi, just made a quick video on my digi camera of the LED's doing theier thing, sorry about really crap quality!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hn3SxDoj_I

colt45
10-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Nice set up Alex. You say your gauges are projected - are they an add onset (ex. Peix, PM) or stock FS9 gauges?

Cheers, Dave

No Longer Active
10-08-2010, 08:47 AM
They are indeed projected guages, there are many suppliers out there on the market. PM works best as they are smoother, uses less CPU and RAM and easier to configure. Peix is a nightmare when used on same pc as fs as it swallows all the cpu power and ram. Go for PM if you are considering!

Alex

colt45
10-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Alex,

I already have Peix software and use it on my second computer for my GA's gauges. Yours look better and I was curious to what you use - I assume now that it is PM. Not in my budget unfortunately.

Cheers, Dave

TasKiNG
10-08-2010, 11:59 AM
WOW, The sim is looking great.
Thanks for the mention, great to see the LEDS work ok :)))

ANDYSMITH
10-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Hi Alex,
What do you mean when you say the guages are "projected"? I assume they are on an LCD screen.

Thanks Andy Smith

Leo Bodnar
10-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Hi Alex,
What do you mean when you say the guages are "projected"? I assume they are on an LCD screen.
Thanks Andy Smith
Andy, your question reminded me about clever projection solution Sandel used in their HSI: http://www.avweb.com/news/reviews/182525-1.html
http://www.avweb.com/newspics/snoptics.jpg

Alex, nice clean cockpit! Very impressive for the first try!

Cheers
Leo

No Longer Active
10-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Alex, nice clean cockpit! Very impressive for the first try!

Leo, first try and last try believe me, am I glad I decided to keep things simple!

By the way your x card works a treat in my sim! Its the brains that makes it fly!

Cheers, speak soon!

Alex