PDA

View Full Version : Holes for rotary switches...

Drewsta
09-30-2010, 07:02 AM
Hey guys, my 767 overhead panel is made from 6mm MDF and I would like to drill holes for the rotary switches to fit in. However I tested this on a small piece of 6mm MDF and found that when I poke the rotary switch through, there is next to no thread poking through to tighten the nut on. Are there rotary switches available with longer threads?

Any ideas would be most grateful as I don't want to redo my overhead at this time.

Thanks in advance
Drewsta

drum4no1
09-30-2010, 07:13 AM
had the same issue. What I did on the backside of the mdf I used a flat spade bit for wood that was larger in diameter and I bored out some on the backside of the MDF. This will work depending on your switch construction..

Drewsta
09-30-2010, 07:18 AM
had the same issue. What I did on the backside of the mdf I used a flat spade bit for wood that was larger in diameter and I bored out some on the backside of the MDF. This will work depending on your switch construction..

Thanks Drum for that. That did cross my mind but was hoping there might be an easier solution. At least its not hard to do a some extra drilling to fit them properly :)

Drewsta

JWS
09-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Or use a dremel which is less invasive.

JWS

riche543
09-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Hey drewster you could get a tap with same thread as rotary switch. Then you wouldn't have to use the nut. Then maybe spot of hot glue on the back side if it's not quite tight enough. Just a thought.