PDA

View Full Version : 737-800 MIP Question

simulatorpilot
09-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Hello, I am starting a flight simulator from scratch, and have the pedestal already made. I am very hesitant in cutting out the Main Instrument Panel dimensions. I have been looking all over the internet for the correct size I will need to cut out in order to be able to view the monitors. Can anybody give me insight or measurements of the cut outs for the Instrument Panel? I will need all of the measurements as I will try to cut them out this weekend.

Geremy Britton
09-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi, i think theres something in the downloads area, that might give you some help. Or at least there used to be.
Downloads> Boeing 737> Main instrument panel.

Failing that, Ian sissons website (ian@737ng) may have something

:)

fsaviator
09-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Hello, I am starting a flight simulator from scratch, and have the pedestal already made. I am very hesitant in cutting out the Main Instrument Panel dimensions. I have been looking all over the internet for the correct size I will need to cut out in order to be able to view the monitors. Can anybody give me insight or measurements of the cut outs for the Instrument Panel? I will need all of the measurements as I will try to cut them out this weekend.

Give me a few hours... I did the same. I'm knee deep in cleanup right now but I can pull something together for you later tonight (Mountain time).

What format do you want? VCarve, Autocad, etc?

Warren

simulatorpilot
09-24-2010, 07:42 PM
AutoCad would be great thank you. I have and older version of AutoCad 2002. I haven't updated, but I should be able to open what you send me. Thanks so much

bussgarfield
09-25-2010, 01:07 AM
Hi simulatorpilot.

Try here http://www.markuspilot.com/

I assume you will be using MDF boards for the carcass, frontage and glareshield.

I used his measurements and am very happy with the results.

Gary

fsaviator
09-25-2010, 01:11 AM
AutoCad would be great thank you. I have and older version of AutoCad 2002. I haven't updated, but I should be able to open what you send me. Thanks so much

I just uploaded my 2D DWG and 3D DXF of my old style FDS MIP. It's not showing up yet as I believe uploads have to be checked first. If you need them faster, shoot me a PM with your email and I'll mail them to you.