PDA

View Full Version : Nav Display flickers and crashes

Hans Krohn
09-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Hi guys,

I have encountered the following problem:

My NAV display starts to flicker violently from the time I start the program. It keeps flickering for aproximately one minute, and than it crashes. An error message appears. The window title says something like "Windows CC+....." The message says: "C:\PDF\PFD.exe - Abnormal program termination"

My setup:
One PC running the Boeing Glass Cockpit software with the screen display set to PFD (plus some stand-by instruments on the left)
A second PC also runs a copy of the Glass Cockpit and has its display set to NAV (also with some stand-by instruments, to the right of the Nav display)

I have registered the first PC for Glass Cockpit-PFD and the second PC for Glass Cockpit-NAV.

I ran the PM file checker utility and it reports no errors. The log file does not show errors either. It just stops logging the moment the program crashes.

Is it possible that the two versions of the Glass Cockpit software interfere with each other? I remember I read something about this in the Manual.
If I run the GAIFIR software on PC two, it works stable and with no problems. This indicates to me that I do not have a network issue.

It is very annoying to restart the Nav display every minute or so (especially during an approach in stormy weather :-) )
I hope you can help...

Best regards,
Hans

PD: there are photos on my site that show how the displays in my cockpit are set up - in case my explanation was not clear enough)

www.hanskrohn.com

Hans Krohn
09-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Solved the problem!
A BIOS update did the trick...

Regards,
Hans