PDA

View Full Version : CNC help

jsfboat
09-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Is anyone in Florida with a CNC machine that would be willing to cut some parts for me? I've been designing some throttle levers for my 747 throttle quadrant and I need some precise cutting done. I'm not accurate enough with my bandsaw and disk sander. Each layer lever piece needs to be cut from 3/32" lexan, plexiglass or similar material, then glued together. There are layers that are shaped to house micro switches for the TO/GA and reverse levers. I have made the drawings if someone wants to do this for me will pay ya for it. Each lever has 8 layers or so, 5 for the levers and 3 for the covers. Thanks to anyone that is willing to help me.

mondo50m
09-11-2010, 07:45 PM
3/32 lexan would be easy to cut. Have you got the material? I would be willing to take look at your drawings, as they first need to be converted to a DXF file that can be read by a conversion utility to get the G-Code made and then into the CNC for cutting. But, as stated, I will start by looking at the drawings to see what needs to be done.

Milt

mondo50m
09-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Just a reminder: The first try at cutting will be of a different material. I will use what I have to prove out the design before using the proper material.

Milt

jsfboat
09-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Hi Mondo:
Thanks for the reply, I'd really appreciate it. I will finish up the drawings and send them to you. They're on 8X11s drawn to 1:1 scale and with a drafting pen. Can I get the material to you? I bought mine at Home Depot.

mondo50m
09-13-2010, 05:52 PM
If they are drawn on paper, that means that they have to be redrawn in a program that can output to a DXF format. Send me one of thedrawings to my email...if the dimensions are ok, I will work on redrawing them in my programs and get the g-code. Lets at least give one a try and see what happens, I have the material that is needed to get the testing done.

Milt