PDA

View Full Version : EFIS problem with default 737 FSX

FooFighters
09-11-2010, 11:55 AM
I bought the Open Cockpits 737 EFIS.
I recieved the 1s officer version.

When I install the EFIS with the auto install, only BARO and MINS work correclty.
(also tried manual install.. same problem)

The VOR/ADF 2 knob activates the VOR/ADF1. The 5 and 20 distance operate VOR/ADF2. The rest does not work.

What can cause this problem ?

I tried connecting thru FSUIPC and IOCP.
Same result.

Default FSX 737 with USB Open Cockpits EFIS.
I used the test program from OC, and everything looks to work correctly there.

Can anybody help me ?

ANDYSMITH
09-11-2010, 12:30 PM
The default 737 has no support for a hardware EFIS so it will not work. You can use the "onscreen panel" but there are no key assignments for the buttons. You will need some other software to get all the functions working. I woud try Prosim737, if you intend on building a full cockpit.

Andy Smith

FooFighters
09-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the fast reply and link. I will checkout Prosim.
Do they also have a EICAS ?

Here are some quotes right out the OC EFIS manual.. this makes me think it worked thit default FSX 737

* The basic management software of the Opencockpits EFIS is ready for the FSX default EFIS, while its management is
not the same as in the real plane.

* sioc efis fsx.txt = for the default 737 in Flight Simulator X

and the last one..

CONFIG_FILE=.\scripts\xxxxxxx.txt
where we will replace the "x" for the file among the above ones, that we want to use in our EFIS Opencockpits, i.e. :
CONFIG_FILE=.\scripts\sioc efis fsx.txt
And this will set our EFIS to work with the default FSX 737.

dorramide7
10-27-2010, 01:45 AM
wamly welcome

Sure all pro gamer are most welcome... if you can reach out to them it would be great!! Thanks a lot

clacima
11-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the fast reply and link. I will checkout Prosim.
Do they also have a EICAS ?

Here are some quotes right out the OC EFIS manual.. this makes me think it worked thit default FSX 737

* The basic management software of the Opencockpits EFIS is ready for the FSX default EFIS, while its management is
not the same as in the real plane.

* sioc efis fsx.txt = for the default 737 in Flight Simulator X

and the last one..

CONFIG_FILE=.\scripts\xxxxxxx.txt
where we will replace the "x" for the file among the above ones, that we want to use in our EFIS Opencockpits, i.e. :
CONFIG_FILE=.\scripts\sioc efis fsx.txt
And this will set our EFIS to work with the default FSX 737.

Hi !
i have the same problem right now!
one year ago i configured efis with a previous version of sioc efis fsx.txt downloaded from OC site and all was ok!
now due to a hard disk crash i dowloaded again from the OC site but i have the troubles you've writed....have u resolve it?
thanks and bye!

alexis333
04-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Hi !
i have the same problem right now!
one year ago i configured efis with a previous version of sioc efis fsx.txt downloaded from OC site and all was ok!
now due to a hard disk crash i dowloaded again from the OC site but i have the troubles you've writed....have u resolve it?
thanks and bye!
I have exactly same problem, can't run EFIS 737 from OC with my default FSX 737-800, only the baro button works. Have you resolved that? Thank you.

clacima
04-06-2011, 10:04 AM
I have exactly same problem, can't run EFIS 737 from OC with my default FSX 737-800, only the baro button works. Have you resolved that? Thank you.

no..... :( now i'm flying only with MCP and efis on screen...
and no answers from Opencockpits support...
really a bad support ....
someone can help us?

alexis333
04-06-2011, 02:22 PM
no..... :( now i'm flying only with MCP and efis on screen...
and no answers from Opencockpits support...
really a bad support ....
someone can help us?
Same story. No answer at all. They replied to my e-mail and sent me the manual from the web but it is configuration with SIOC 3.52b and this SIOC version is no more aviliable for download :( Poor customer service from Opencockpits.

80Derek
07-12-2011, 12:29 PM
I cant get any of my buttons to work with flight simulator x. Everything seems to work on the test page but not on the game. If anyone has found a fix please put up a post. Thanks.