PDA

View Full Version : From the land down under

pvjen1
09-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Hi,
thought I would introduce myself and what im working on.
My name is Philip and I've been simming for 12 years almost.
I'm a mix of this and that but am Danish by passport and currently study and live in Australia.

Eren from Revolution Sim, who is fantastic, is helping me setup a custom build. Its not a full flightsim but more of a versatile desktop sim +TQ pedestal. I wish I had pictures but its still under development.

Basically I'm running FSX on a i7 930 overclocked to 4.3GHZ, and have a GTX 480 1530GB.

From this I have 3 screens on a monitor arm wide view connected to TH2GO.
Another screen centered above for 2D overhead panels.
Under the screens will sit my MCP and MIP

2 More screens which I'm still trying to figure out what to do to display the PFD and other Flight displays. Not sure whether to go with a Mimo USB as two and run it off the graphics card and make sure its not set to 3D. I really do not want to buy another GTX480 as they are expensive.

Decktop MCP, MIP and Pedestal + EFIS

The MIP and MCP. The MCP is the OC 737 MIP, the MIP will have landing gear, light switches, 2 area's for 10" screens, Autobreak, Smoking n Seat belt sign switches :) (a must have)

Last is the pedestal with removable throttles so I can adjust it to be 2-4 TQ, incls a FMC, Comms for all radios and navs from OC, flaps, spoilers, parking brake 10 customizable switches.

When I have pictures too show I will definitely post some up.

New TQ product
The TQ is the most exciting as its going to be a good piece for those who want to fly different aicraft but want the feeling of 2 throttle or 3 throttle or 4 to represent what they fly.

Cheers
Philip

Westozy
09-06-2010, 03:31 AM
Welcome to MC, where in Oz are you?

Cheers, Gwyn

pvjen1
09-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Hi Gywn im over at Melbourne. The city of 4 seasons in one day really applies for the last week :)

brian95
09-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Hi, Philip!
Welcome! I'm from Melbourne too, and I know what you mean about the weather, however I don't recall much strange weather in the last week, maybe because I was spending all my time inside with my sim!
Brian

riche543
09-22-2010, 07:20 AM
Hey philip
Welcome good to see more australian builders here
Cheers
Richard..

pvjen1
10-02-2010, 03:21 AM
nice to see a few ozzies here, ill keep an update on the project soon!

But anyone know what frame rate impact I will have adding in a lot of hardware components onto 1 pc?

The simulator is running really good graphics and is all setup properly in FSX, im worried coding in a lot of hardware via FSUIPC will create lag in the frame rates?

any help on this much appreciated