PDA

View Full Version : Running FSX smoothly

pvjen1
09-02-2010, 07:35 AM
ok, just wanted to ask a newbit question.
I have one pretty good new comp with an oc i7 930 at 4.0ghz with good ram and a fast HDD.

Only problem is flying the heavy addon payware aircraft. e.g. E-Jets Embraer 175-195

How have a 2nd computer which is still good and runs fs9 smoothly at maxed out settings. Can I some how use this over a network with widefs to increase my FPS?
e.g. getting the 2nd comp to do some of the work on the extensive flight computers and weather etc?

AchillesP
09-02-2010, 08:38 AM
Why do not use the multicore enviroment advanced program? Just google it and you will find it.

ok, just wanted to ask a newbit question.
I have one pretty good new comp with an oc i7 930 at 4.0ghz with good ram and a fast HDD.

Only problem is flying the heavy addon payware aircraft. e.g. E-Jets Embraer 175-195

How have a 2nd computer which is still good and runs fs9 smoothly at maxed out settings. Can I some how use this over a network with widefs to increase my FPS?
e.g. getting the 2nd comp to do some of the work on the extensive flight computers and weather etc?

pvjen1
09-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Why do not use the multicore enviroment advanced program? Just google it and you will find it.

im not sure this software is my solution. I can already set programs to different cores manually what im trying to find out is taking a advanced frame rate heavy aircraft like PMDG 747x and split up its task into 2 computers or optimize fsx through 2 computers.

deering
09-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Hello..

Take a look at Wideview (http://www.wideview.it/). Outside visuals on your fast machine and aircraft sim on the other.

Jim

pvjen1
09-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Hello..

Take a look at Wideview (http://www.wideview.it/). Outside visuals on your fast machine and aircraft sim on the other.

Jim

ok sounds good, but if I have one output through a triple2go with 3 monitors from one machine graphics are displayed on all 3 so how do I divide the outside simulation on the fast machine and the sim on the other on wideview? Would I not have to put the sim on its own monitors?

deering
09-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Yes, you would need monitors on both machines. The aircraft sim machine runs an outside view of something trivial which uses minimal resources. For a better appearance, run with all gauges detached from the main panel. If you like to fly in the 3D VC, Wideview would probably not suit you.

Jim